Alignment and Center combined...

Alignment and Center combined...

1st

I was looking for a way to line up objects precisely by snapping their edges. I came across a great script called Alignment written by Todd Rogers that did some great alignment operations and added some additional operations.

2nd

Whenever I imported children or did some weird operation the pivot/axis point would always become off center. Martin is doing some great changes for version 5 and this may be covered; but in the meantime I have added the functionality to this tool because the Alignment methods made this simple to include.

3rd

If anyone is interested in having the pivot/axis moveable to the -x, +x, etc. side let me know and I could make some quick additional changes.

Lastly, place this in your /scripts/Tool/ directory and let me know if you have any difficulties and I will try and help out.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• Alignment.js.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 707
1st

I was looking for a way to line up objects precisely by snapping their edges. I came across a great script called Alignment written by Todd Rogers that did some great alignment operations and added some additional operations.

2nd

Whenever I imported children or did some weird operation the pivot/axis point would always become off center. Martin is doing some great changes for version 5 and this may be covered; but in the meantime I have added the functionality to this tool because the Alignment methods made this simple to include.

3rd

If anyone is interested in having the pivot/axis moveable to the -x, +x, etc. side let me know and I could make some quick additional changes.

Lastly, place this in your /scripts/Tool/ directory and let me know if you have any difficulties and I will try and help out.

Thanks,
David

Cool, thanks for sharing David.

Andrew :)

Is there any way to assign a command/function key to this script? I need to use this functionality often and going through the menus is a real pain.
Thanks,

- Scott

Back