WIP "Found: Major Buck"

WIP "Found: Major Buck"

Hi.
Thought I share a little project I´m child with the concept for almost 2 years. So it´s time to bring it to light. It´s going to be kind of snout beetle in Uniform. Planned as a still, I´m not quite sure if I go for the T-pose. On the other hand would it be nice to check out other poses at least.
So enjoy my ride if you like.
MajorBuckTop.jpg
MajorBuckBottom.jpg

With kindest regards
Frank

Last edited:
Hi Frank,

great idea to let us know how will your work growth.

It looks pretty nice with the cigar and the suit but I think we have to take care that the Major will not getting ugly!! hahahahahaha

I'm looking forward for the jacket and the textures.

Best regards
wolfgang

Cool

Hi Frank,
The concept artwork is great I had to look up what a snout beetle was ,LOL but there is lots of scope for some amazing textures. I love the clay model, that should be a great help then modeling in C3D. How are you going to produce the body? I found that trying to pose a full body with separate cloths over laying the body can be very problematic. Keep use posted with the developments and thanks for sharing.

Andrew:)

Wolfgang, Andrew,

thanks for kind words - much appreciated.
Here´s a small update. Seems I quit with the symmetry modifier on the head ´cause from now on the halfes will go in different directions ;)
MajorB1.jpeg

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Hi Frank,

this is really cool - nice stuff.
I can see some symmetry issues on the front (small hole) but I think you know so far. It is really to this from scratch and how your project moves on ... :icon_thumbup:

I think it is good to stop here with symmetry because you will the it right now (mouth area).

One more thing ... the collars (top of the jacket) it looks a little bit zu small, perhaps you can thicken it a little bit.

But your Major looks great so far ... :p

Best regards
Wolfgang

Uncle: Thanks a lot ;)
Wolfgang: Thanks; the jacket is just a quick test for proportions.
I will add details later: today it´s gonna be a small render test.
HeadCloseUp.jpeg

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Hi frank

You're character looks really verry nice .:icon_thumbup:
Would really like to see some animation with it .
Keep us posted on the progress , Nice renders :icon_thumbup:

Kenneth

Hi Frank,
really nice stuff.:icon_thumbup: I'm looking forward to see the final Major.

I was already worried when I read the thread title but this is a bug I like.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

Hi Frank,
thanks for the nice update. Looks like the Major takes his job very serious.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

Back