Cheetah3D for Beginners - Video Training

^ stands for control (standard nomenclature).
The other symbol is "option" or "alt".

Judging from the screencasts on their website, screenium has the same limitations all the other programs I've looked at have: inadequate feedback on mouse and keyboard actions (e.g. drags are impossible to tell apart from clicks, and scroll-wheel actions aren't displayed). I'd download it and play around but I've read some alarming things about Screenium freezing computers.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 481
On the Mac, what keys am I to use? Is it "shift-Option-c or something else.

As I am recording, I have Illustrator selected as I am doing the recording. Screenium is recording ,however the command that I use, does nothing. So I had to go up too the menu and press stop recording.

I would love to know a simple solution if possible. Please review the attachment and if you can just tell the the keys that you are using, again the PC has the "alt" key not the Mac.

Thanks, to the both of you.

Savnac

Good grief can't you read?

^ stands for control (standard nomenclature).
The other symbol is "option" or "alt".

CONTROL + OPTION/ALT + C

("option" is the Apple equivalent of "alt" -- my Mac keyboard has both words written on the same key.)

Every single Mac keyboard I've seen has both words written on it, from ADB to shiny thin USB.

Actually I assumed that maybe it was a relatively recent (post Virtual PC) thing, but you're right -- even the Extended Keyboard II (a.k.a. "Saratoga", a.k.a. "the greatest keyboard ever made") had "alt" written on the option key.

But the original Mac keyboards (for the Mac 128k, 512k, and Plus) which predate ADB didn't. It's also possible that some of the very obscure Mac keyboards (e.g. the really horrible keyboard that came out with low-end Macs for a while) might also have lacked the "alt" text. Note that they also lacked a "ctrl" key.

Attachments

• original_mac_keyboard.jpg
    original_mac_keyboard.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 750
HairBall-

Thanks, I will try this out, hopefully it will do the job. Also thanks too the rest of you for your advice.

I was also wondering, once all the quicktimes are complete, what happens next? Do you import all of them into I movie and add voice over with "Text" and "Transitions" and them burn to CD or DVD, or is there another way to go to the finish line.

Or do I have it all backwards here. I have Final Cut Pro, I have After Effects, Premier, Live Type, Motions and iMovie. Do I have what I need to go to the end or am I missing something.

So what would be the quickest way to go too the end on my Mac with these softwares?

Thanks,

In advance,

Savnac

Podperson-

Thanks for posting your keyboard image. Like I said my Mac keyboard is different. I am not sure why but it is. I hope to get too the bottom of this. I have a tutorial to make and I am stuck.

Thanks,

Savnac

Thanks for posting your keyboard image.

AAARGH. READ the damn post. That's a 1985 Mac keyboard -- the only version of a Mac keyboard that doesn't have ALT printed on the OPTION key.

IShowU or Screenium are basically just ways of creating a raw video of whatever you do on your computer screen + accompanying voice over + some sound effects and markup (for mouse clicks, etc.).

Screenflow is unusual in that for most screencasts, it's all you need. It has sufficient editing functionality to handle most reasonable requirements.

If you just need to do basic edits (e.g. cutting out mistakes, skipping boring bits, inserting still images) then Screenflow or QuickTime Pro will suffice, and iMovie is overkill.

If you want to edit your video extensively, or add transitions or whatever you can use any or all of the following, and other apps besides:

• iMovie
  • Adobe Premiere
  • Final Cut Express
  • Final Cut Pro
  • Avid [Insert Product Name Here]

Last edited:
ello? any one out there?

didn't see this in the previous pages. i just purchased the video ... how long until you recieve an email with the link to dl? kinda lame it's taking so long.

(nice job on the software. has to be one of the smoothest apps ive ever run. if only CS3 & FCP loaded that fast the world would be a happier place. LMFAO!)

Last edited:
Just letting you know that someone saw your post! I don't remember it taking very long for the link to arrive, for the video tutorials. Andrew (fused) is probably still subscribed to this thread, and should be able to tell you what's going on. Or Martin will.

'hidden' IK video?

I bought the videos and there an IK Introduction.mov that seems to be without a reference in the html files.

Excited to learn more.

I did have one minor quibble, white type on light blue background challenges my 44-year-old eyes a bit too much.

But thanks for what looks like a valuable resource.

rt

I bought the videos and there an IK Introduction.mov that seems to be without a reference in the html files.

Excited to learn more.

I did have one minor quibble, white type on light blue background challenges my 44-year-old eyes a bit too much.

But thanks for what looks like a valuable resource.

rt

Hi rt,
Hope the tutorials help (including the hidden ones.) ;)

Thanks for the feedback on the layout, it's noted for the future and I hope it isn't too difficult to see.

Andrew :)

Nitpick about the tutorial...

Just bought it through Kagi and went straight to the UV mapping stuff which has always been a mystery to me. Great stuff, but...

After 40 some years of making a living in front of a computer screen, my eyes are shot. In the intro and navigation screens the white over light blue is just plain unreadable without resorting to command-option-8

Suggest you change text color to something more readable (Don't do it for me, I know how to edit html/css - I'll fix my copy).

Back