The right tool for the right job

The right tool for the right job

My workflow goes Model>Make Texture Sheet>Unwrap to fit.

Often I am unwrapping, and go to select a new face (or group of faces) and because I have the rotate /scale or move tool selected in the UV editor, I end up rotating /scaling or moving the faces, even though the modelling is finished and will never modify the mesh again. Often this means I've damaged the model without realising, and often I only find out after I've used up my undo's. There was mention of a padlock type icon to lock things but I dont see it in the interface anywhere.

Solution: A memory set for the selected tool in the UV editor seperate to the selected tool in the 3d view. So if Ive been using the rotate tool in the uv editor, and the select tool in the 3d view, these two parameters are both stored so Moving mouse from one window to the next restores the tool I was last using in that window, as opposed to carrying the tool globally.

If Im not being clear, let me know, and I'll explain futher when I have time
AC

Hi Aaron.
You realized just above 30 steps, that you´re not working in the right workshop?
Mmmh, I must think about that. ;-)
Maybe Martin could could enable the existing lock/unlock at the properties to prevent one from further modeling on a finished model. (But if you forgot to lock up?)

With kindest regards
Frank

I'll have to check out where this lock gizmo comes from...

Quote/You realized just above 30 steps, that you´re not working in the right workshop?/Unquote

Hmm? I mean if you accidently pull/push/move/rotate/scale a face without realising.
You have to select faces to unwrap them, and you have to use the scale etc tools to manipulate your UVs. if you have a tiny face selected that you cant see, are moving uvs, and happen to click-drag in 3d view, things move. If you carry on working, you dont notice this mess until its too late...

I'm sure we've all done it. If you havent, thats ok, I've done it enough times to make up for anyone who missed out!:rolleyes:

Cheers
AaronC

Back