Which feature would you like to see in Cheetah3D 3.0?

Which feature would you like to see in Cheetah3D 3.0?

• Total voters
Pivot Point editing?

Just curious why you're skeptical of this. Coming from Maya, I miss the ability to hit a key and edit an object's pivot point. Very useful to me. Or are we talking about different ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshinyfish
The other oversight is the basic ability to choose the transform point of an object. To shift its centre(I am aware of burn transform but it should be a simple function (like an alt key that lets you position the point)
I know its possible using a folder but that an awkward workaround.

Martin said:
I'm a little bit skeptical about that feature.

@ Eric_J, Although I agree it would be nice to have such a function, I don't think this is the way to tell Martin that. I don't know if you visit this forum often, but if you do you will see/read that Martin pays more attention to his customers than any software developer I know! And if you don't like Cheetah, please use another program and don't visit this forum again. Thank you.
BTW. I agree with Luke and it would be nice if you apologise for your rant.

Regards,

Peter

taranreese said:
Just curious why you're skeptical of this. Coming from Maya, I miss the ability to hit a key and edit an object's pivot point. Very useful to me. Or are we talking about different ideas?

Hi,
that's a quite old post and I'm not skeptical anymore. That is indeed a quite powerful tool and it is already on my todo list now.
Especially since pivot points are heavily used in the Maya or Motionbuilder world I have to add them once I want to import FBX character animation data.

How I implement them hasn't been decided yet.

Bye,
Martin

Back