My only wish!

My only wish!

Hi,
I hope that I also have a wish.:smile: Don't worry I actually have just one. And it is quite easy to fulfill.:wink:

Please help me to promote Cheetah3D by spreading links to my web page ( www.cheetah3d.com ) a round the web. Every link out there (in blogs, web pages, forum posts, etc.) which points to my web page would be a great help to get some more visitors to my web page. Since especially in the summer months there is quite little traffic on my site.

If you have some free space on your web page it would be absolutely fantastic if you could add one of the ads I've attached. The darkest corner of your web page would be already more than fine.

Many thanks in advance. I'll be very pleased for every click you can generate.

logopack.zip

Bye,
Martin

Last edited:
Well, as many wishes as everybody puts on here, I think it's the least anyone can do. If I ever build a website, I'll put it on there.

Martin and Frank -- how about building a bunch of little link icons:

Modeled with Cheetah 3D
Rendered with Cheetah 3D
Animated with Cheetah 3D
Created using Cheetah 3D

e.g.

Attachments

• modeled_using_c3d.png
    modeled_using_c3d.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 515
Well, there should be a nice surprise on the front cover CD of the next issue of 3D World...;)

Martin and Frank -- how about building a bunch of little link icons:

Modeled with Cheetah 3D
Rendered with Cheetah 3D
Animated with Cheetah 3D
Created using Cheetah 3D

e.g.

Hi,
you are right such buttons would be helpfull. David (novolume) did the ads for me and he told me that he want to make some more of them. So maybe he can make such buttons.

Bye,
Martin

Hi Martin, you're on our links page since november last year! And whenever I can I'll spread the word! (I can put a link on my hyves page (kinda like myspace, etc.).

Regards,

Peter

With the new iLife you can post videos direct to YouTube. This will probably become my preferred option for tutorials (once I get iLife '08) since it will save me the bother of uploading the stuff to my site (and the huge bandwidth hit I take after first uploading a new video tutorial).

Anyway, I think the key is to give people a code snippet that will resolve into a nice badge and link. That way (<- corrected) you can also swap in new images as appropriate (e.g. when cheetah 3d becomes version 5 ...)

Last edited:
Yeah it's a good idea pod for martin to actually host the image, like you say that way it can be updated.

If anyone does have links to Cheetah on their sites (particularly if they've used the banner or button) I'd like to see them in place, so links anyone?

No offense to me, but I like yours better ;-)

(Having the correct logo text probably helps.)

Attached is my version done as Flash -- with simple animations. It should look good at any size from 140x20 to 560x80. The swf is 44kB (and could easily be smaller).

Also attached are two animated gif versions -- 32kb and 60kB, but not scalable.

Attachments

• c3d_flash_badge.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 352
  • c3d_ad.gif
    c3d_ad.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 346
  • c3d_ad_lg.gif
    c3d_ad_lg.gif
    57.5 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Hi,
thanks for making more buttons. :smile: But I think we should decide for once unique style. I think the "created with" buttons should be quite decent and not to color full and flashy. The button shouldn't get more attention than the artwork which was created with Cheetah3D.

But then we could make some medium size banners or buttons as flash or gif which could catch some more attention.

Hosting the files on my site so that users just have to link to them is a good idea. I can make that.

Bye,
Martin

I dont have any websites as such, but I try to rant about cheetah wherever I go...

Regarding the buttons, Ive got to say one of the most annoying things about the internet is flash...So sorry Podperson, no vote for your efforts there-No offense intended...

I really dont like how gamasutra has those annoying autodesk ads, I feel like Im being treated like an idiot.

How about a mini competition for the best button? Just an idea, no prizes neccessary..

Martin I thought it was great on the Unity site how you said Cheetah had one over Maya regarding breaking the animations up...Good job there mate! Maya is a multipurpose tool but cheetah was made to work with unity it would seem. May I make a possible sugestion? take with salt if required:

Another way to get one over Maya could be lights that transfer across. I know this is not too important, but when cheetah gets up to the part where the release build can texture bake, having lights that survive the import process would be useful and one feature that maya currently doesnt do. Currently unity reads the position and rotation of maya lights, but you have to rebuild them in Unity.
I dont know the complexities of all this, and I dont know if even the unity crew would make it easier by revealling to you how best to do this, but I want to see Martin be highly succesful in what he does, and this is just an idea. like I said, take with salt.

Cheers all
AaronC

Regarding the buttons, Ive got to say one of the most annoying things about the internet is flash

You're hardly the only one :)

In my view Flash gets a bad rap. The reason it's so annoying is that it works (for advertisers). If folks used, say, Java applets to do animated ads, they'd be slower, uglier, and crash your browser.

The examples showing in my post were simple animated gifs.

I agree they're probably too much...

I think that maybe we should all start posting cheetah images with one of the great selection if gifs here and do it for the next three months or so on other 3D fourms.

my latest pic for a client that I also posted on a rendering section of another forum...

viva cheetah

regards

Luke

Attachments

• v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 307
Back