Pre-purchase advice

Pre-purchase advice

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a 3D modelling program and came across Cheetah3D through an internet search. How does this compare to the high end programs like 3D Studio Max and Maya? These programs are a bit too pricey for me at the moment so I'm looking for one that's more reasonably priced and Cheetah3D seems to be right. Basically all I need it for is to use it to create a 3D character model. Can this program do this? Also are there any books on the learning to use the it or does it come with a manual?

Would really appreciate any pre-purchase advice.

Thanks.

Hi gwh,
How does this compare to the high end programs like 3D Studio Max and Maya?
You really cannot compare C3D with the likes of 3DS or Maya, it's a completely different beast made for a totally different market.
Basically all I need it for is to use it to create a 3D character model
C3D can create any model you want if you can spend the time developing you 3D skills. However, animation is limited at the moment.
Are there any books on the learning to use the it or does it come with a manual?
C3D comes with an excellent help file and is supported by a great forum full of people at will help you if you ask.

As a designer and teacher I've used a lot of 3D software over the least 15 years and have come to one conclusion, it doesn't matter how much the software cost or how many bells and whistles it has nothing replaces knowledge and experience. I can do a lot of the things I did in Softimage, Cinema 4D or 3D studio Max right here in Cheetah 3D.

I hope this helps.

Andrew :D

P.S. Just download C3D and have a go.

If you need any help just ask, I'm sure someone on the forum will have the answer. And welcome to the wonderful world of C3D.

Andrew

Back