My wish!

My wish!

I wish Cheetah 3d would generate a mesh based on top, left, right, and bottom pictures of an object scanned into the computer:cool:

Of course that would be great, but I think it's very difficult to realise. Especially complex figures would need more than 6 pictures and a very clever system to join everything together. Also the application would need to "know" how to recognize which parts of the object are close to the camera and which are not. I guess the only way to do something like that would be 3D-Scanning...

Of course that would be great, but I think it's very difficult to realise. Especially complex figures would need more than 6 pictures and a very clever system to join everything together. Also the application would need to "know" how to recognize which parts of the object are close to the camera and which are not. I guess the only way to do something like that would be 3D-Scanning...

Do you know any 3D scanning software for Mac OS X that works with turntable image sequences?

3d scanner output is often so horrible that artists end up redoing it all manually simply using the scanner output as a guide (kind of like scanning in a sketch and then using it as a template for Illustrator).

Aside from everything else, 3d scans don't have a carefully set up topology, so you won't get nice folding behavior when you animate it.

Metatools produced a program that let you scan in photos of a scene and then build out the scene from those photos. It did well with fairly simple geometries, such as buildings. It was *very* impressive (and slow)... whatever became of it?

Back