Getting there but still find "Watertight = No + Normals a tad difficult to spot"

Hi guys,

I have just made a pencil cover and got stuck when fixing it. I know this is not exactly perfect but to learn I wanted to find what was wrong with the model instead of doing it the "right way from the start". I lofted to get the correct dimensions on both ends so perhaps that messed up something since I have both an inner and outer surface.

To spot "double polys" I tend to try to select nGons / Polys etc and spot that the red colour seems "darker" on double polys. Is there a better way?

A. Normals flipped is difficult for me. Is there a script or a tip to clean up normals that for some reason is the wrong way? Very hard to spot the colour differences for me (eyesight problems)
B. Is there a way to easy find the spots where the object looses its watertightness? As in "mark there poly" or something? Perhaps a script I do not know about?

Thanks so much guys for all your help ongoing!!

Merry X-mas to all.

Moo.

Hi Moo!
* I suggest that you experiment with the optimise-tool to delete duplicated polys. This deletes vertices depending on the weld distance specified.
* Checking the object parameters before / after deploying the tool should show a reduction in vertices.

SS Duplex.png

* As to normals: there is a tool in the pop up menue to flip normals. Assigning a hotkey will allow you to toggle between these states - relating to the object or a subselection of polys - to, visually, pick out the reverted polys and invert their normalcy.

SS Normals.png

Back