Simplify existing mesh (high poly) to a quad based clean topology (low poly)

Simplify existing mesh to a quad based clean topology
* Is there a method / a trick / a Java script which simplifies a clean mesh to a quad based topology of a significantly decreased poly-count?
* Reason: Soft body dynamics seems not to operate on meshes when these are mildly complex. Minimal tests imply that once polys and / or vertices get to 10k the dynamics become non-functional. No idea, if this is a correct conclusion.
* The existing C3D simplification produces triangles which do allow dynamics. However, any further selection by Ring or Loop is then impossible in the ∆tris-based topology generated by the function.

:devilish: Original > no dynamics possible
Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 15.28.49.png

:whistle: Simplified manually > dynamics OK
Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 15.37.37.png

:poop: Further modification (a sample based on shape-shifting as by Francis Bacon)
FiKing.png

:sick: I do require this option to edit the secondary mesh (distorted by soft dynamics) to show further transformations of the normal (figurative / realistic) 3D object effected by various painters. Currently I am experimenting with Picasso, Bacon and Basquiat. My gallery momentarily seems a bit confused, but so am I…

* Current work-around:
* Selecting (Loop / Ring) sets of continuous / contiguous edges (eg every 2nd or 3rd set of edges) plus successive deletion clearly works but it is quite laborious (and utterly booring). This is no problem on a simplish object - a face / a head - but as a manual method this is not efficient for any more complex compositions.

:) Thanks for any constructive ideas!

* Thank you Frank!
* Some tests imply that this tool should provide suitable solutions.
* Servus von Wien nach Hamburg…

Back