How do You Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Moving the Camera?

It looks like you can edit the keyboard short cuts for lots of menu items, like Copy and Paste, but I can't find the keys for panning, rotating, and zooming the camera. I go back and forth between Cheetah and Unity, and the difference between the two apps' keyboard functions constantly trips me up. Cheetah uses Control-Option for panning, and I'd REALLY like to change it to Command-Option, like Unity. Flipping back and forth between the two sets of keys is a constant source of annoyance. Is there a way to add the camera functions to the list of keyboard functions?

Since when you can alter the Copy&paste hotkeys?
There are just 3 sets for view manoeuvres in the Cheetah3D Preferences listed in the "Mouse"-tab along the twelve 3D-Views in the "Keyboard"-tab like Front, Back, Top, Bottom etc

I think thats a completely reasonable request. I started with C3D so when possible, I change other 3D applications to use the same navigation as Cheetah.
It's quite frustrating when that functionality isn't available.

-- Shift Studio.

Last edited:
Understood. A quick search didn't come up with feature request regarding customisable navigation in the wish list forum - so maybe it's about time?

Quick realted question, my Command key at one time controled the camera pan, something changed, and now it controls the rotation. 2 questions really, what changed and how can I change it back? Thanks so much!

Quick realted question, my Command key at one time controled the camera pan, something changed, and now it controls the rotation. 2 questions really, what changed and how can I change it back? Thanks so much!
Did you get a new keyboard? Mac keyboards have the Command key next to the spacebar,
Windows keyboards have the Option/Alt key there, so the Command key is next to the Control key.
I have software that flips it for me but I still have them labeled to remind me.

I have a Kensington Washable keyboard with the Windows configuration, and it's really dirty.

I can´t find an option to move camera with cmd key. What kind of mouse is active in Preferences?
MouseConfig.png

Back