Take Manager

ZooHead

In my current project I’m using Cheetah 3D’s Takes system for camera positions, so here are some rules I’ve figured out.

• If an object has at least one Keyframe, the Keyframes can be changed in any take without effecting the other takes.
So one stationary camera with one Keyframe can be placed in a different position/rotation for each Take.
For spline tracked camera action you need to Key the spline and the track Position of the Spline Tracking Tag.
You can even animate Bezier points by Keying Points of the spline.

• If an object has no Keyframes, changing it in any take, will change it in all takes.

• A new Take will inherit the state of all objects at that Time/Frame.
If an object isn’t visible at the Time/Frame that the New Take is made, it won’t be visible in the new take.

• A New Take will not have any Keyframes.

Helmut

:unsure: There may be some buglet hidden in the take manager.

:oops: I am currently modelling a process where the same take (with some modifications) is repeated for various conditions. On splitting / merging I discover that some F-curves are severely garbled. In some cases the curves even show a time reversed loop where the F-curve goes to frame (eg) 40, then makes a U-turn back to frame 30 and then proceeds normally.
* Possibly, this renders properly and just draws a faulty spline. I did not test that and just fixed the key-frames. Also possible, that this only turns up under very specific circumstances, maybe a keyframe untidily placed by 1/30th of a second, a spline tangent going the wrong way or whatever.
:sick: If I can replicate the problem, I will post a screen shot.

ZooHead

For this example I used a simple rigged character, jumping like he just won the lottery.

I simply duplicated the take, and within that take I rotated a few keyframes to get the second sequence.
But you could change it into something completely different and make the take longer or shorter if needed.

guyjump1.gif
guyjump2.gif

ZooHead

For this next exercise I'm trying to create takes in a linear fashion.
In other words the last position in one Take is the first position in the next Take.

Take one is walking, take two is a transition from walk to stop and take three is a high jump.

For studying my characters jump moves I used Cheetah's four panel view option.
Cheetah lets you position the Perspective view differently for each pane.
I also added a camera to follow the jumper with a Parent Constraint Tag.

jumpstudy.gif