Obj scale changes when editing in Cheetah

So I have an OBJ file recorded with Scaniverse that I am importing into Unity. If I import it raw into Unity the scale matches the real world perfectly. If I try to clean up the model in Cheetah, removing some artifacts, the model then imports into Unity at about 13% of the scale of the original. I have tried saving both an Obj and a JAS from Cheetah, same problem, so I think its an Obj import problem. Obj import settings in Cheetah are set to the default (Scale factor: "0.0"). Any idea what they should be?

If the scanner produces real world size models, measure a block of wood or something simple
and scan it. Then do your imports and compare and calculate the difference for the scale factor.

Looks like an interesting product. How well does it work?

We have the measurements of the space, and the unaltered scaniverse model imports into Unity at the correct scale. Once I open the obj in Cheetah 3d and save it again, I need to rescale the edited model to match the scale of the original. I have to scale the model in Unity by ~0.1302837 to match the original at 1.0 scale. As for the Scaniverse app, it is very impressive. I evaluated a number of iPhone 12 pro Lidar scanning apps, and thought that one was the best. Textures are a bit messy and broken up, and you want to make several scans to make sure there are no holes. We are using it to scan environments rather than objects for the purposes of projection mapping video onto them, and it is perfect for that purpose.

Back