name animation frames according to the frame number in the animation

Hi,

I keep running into this problem:

I have an animation that takes a long time to render, so I might need to render it a few frames at a time.

Let's say the animation is 200 frames. I want to render frame 0-60 today and 61-170 tomorrow and then 171-200 the day after.

The problem is that when I do that, the first rendered frames rendered each day will be named "image_00000".

this makes is hard to then combine all the resulting images into a image sequence. I always need to know what render job was what frame range and then rename the images accordingly.

if, for the second render job, it would be named "image_00060", It would be as simple as copying the images together.

* In the render panel, perform a RM-click on the icon of the render and select "Show in Finder". In the finder window, select the images.
Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 09.38.17.png

* The operating system, macos, allows you to rename any set of documents you have selected. You can´t use leading zeros, but that should be a minor matter.
Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 09.43.51.png

* The undo / cmd+Z option is supported in case of an error.

:unsure: After a couple of tests:
* It may be necessary to rename the images again after you have combined the set of takes 00-60, 61..170, etc into a single folder of the render history. You will have to experiment to find what works.

I've been using the bulk rename. The problem is, though… in order to bulk-rename everything, I need to know what range of frames have been rendered in the first place and cheetah 3D doesn't keep track of it in the render manager. This means I need to manually take a note like "job 375: frames 0-35, job 376: frames 36-80, job 377: frames 80-92"... which gets tedious and I would like a way to automate that. The problem is also that I might work on different projects simultaneously and then everything gets combined in the same render manager.

Back