Help: Trying to Match Studio Shot from 20 Years Ago (Material /Lighting)

But it will take many months till such mundane things as traveling will be possible again. At the moment you wouldn't want to if you could (we have a corona-peak here, partly because of that minority which doesn't want to wear masks and sees spreading a potentially deadly virus as their right. Our politicians seem a bit afraid of them, somehow (but you see, we have the same percentage of idiots as you in the U.S.). And when things will be back to normal again, you probably wouldn't want to visit Interlaken again (it probably hasn't that much changed visually, though), because it's a tourist hotspot and therefore a tourist trap (visited mostly by Chinese that come in masses). A lot has changed in our country since you were here, but not that much in this region (I'm talking about the looks).

Actually, we moved here before the madness started, and when I sit outside or look out of the window, I still get that vacation-feeling that did cost me especially in summer some effort to overcome (self-motivation is not always that easy) to get at least some work done :)

Fortunately, I'm pretty much an introvert: the majority of my recreation is either computer-based, reading, hiking, or driving/pastoral sight-seeking. Two days of snow a year is quite enough for me, thank you very much, and I never know what to do with myself in cities, including the one I live in.

I did love wandering around for a day or two in Barcelona, though. The nice part about places with high tourism is that it makes it easy to stay relatively invisible just by keeping quiet.

Fortunately, I'm pretty much an introvert

I'm afraid, that's somehow the requirement for working with 3d, be it as a hobbyist or a professional :). So we have more or less the same list for recreation (put in some music, though).

About the snow I'd agree in or near a city, but out there in nature it can be just plain wonderful (as long as you manage to stay warm). On the other hand, some parts of Texas on the other hand would kill me with the heat (I can't even handle the new heat waves here around very well).

...On the other hand, some parts of Texas on the other hand would kill me with the heat (I can't even handle the new heat waves here around very well).

Somewhere, in the bottom of a drawer, I still have an "I Survived the Great Texas Heatwave" T-shirt. 42 consecutive days of over 100° back in 1980. I was in eighth grade, so, of course, I was out riding my bike around town every single day of it.

In the heat wave of 2003 I had some 44 degrees celsius in my office for days (that's 111 fahrenheit). That's when the hard disk shut down (without damage), I only worked at night (if at all) and tried to be elsewhere as much as possible (outside it was, at least in the shadow, well below 100 fahrenheit, probably some 92).

Everything above 30° C (that's 86 in fahrenheit) is nothing for me (I really can't handle it very well), and wouldn't be usual in our part of the world if it wasn't for the climatic change. With that we can experience here around almost the same heat as you in Texas, with the difference that air conditioning here around still isn't very common.

But I thought that some 100 degrees shouldn't be anything special in the southern part of your state.

One of the places we went on our honeymoon was Salzburg. We were only there for two days as we fit 5 cities in 10 days! I wish we had more time, but a quick and busy schedule. My wife had never been to Europe, but I had been a bunch of times (my parents lived in Finland for around 15 years).

Back