Copying objects again

Copying objects again

Hi,

I want to script something similar to Chain in C3D that allows objects to be placed along a spline path, but with the option of scaling each copy (so for example, the objects get progressively smaller along the path).

I've got this working for preset objects (e.g. a ball) but would like to be able to copy any polygon object. How can I do this? I understand that there is no simple way of copying an object in a script, but I can't see an easy way of copying all of the polygons in an object, or the polycore, either. I'm not bothered about copying the material information, just the shape.

Thanks

Guy

Great idea.

Hi,

I want to script something similar to Chain in C3D that allows objects to be placed along a spline path, but with the option of scaling each copy (so for example, the objects get progressively smaller along the path).

I've got this working for preset objects (e.g. a ball) but would like to be able to copy any polygon object. How can I do this? I understand that there is no simple way of copying an object in a script, but I can't see an easy way of copying all of the polygons in an object, or the polycore, either. I'm not bothered about copying the material information, just the shape.

Thanks

Guy

Sorry I can't give you any kind of answer I don't know anything about scripting but this sound like a good way to instance objects along a spline, hope you find your answer.:icon_thumbup:

Back