Keyframe a spline path

I'm trying to keyframe a spline path from 0.93 position to 0. But for some reason it doesn't work. I've done them in the past. However, this time I used the Polygon2Spline.js tool to create my path. I was using the Cartoon Jet example as a template which keyframes the path. I've attached my Jas file. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've been messy around with this for about an hour now... scratching my head.

Attachments

• path.jas.zip
    151.2 KB · Views: 210
I hadn't. So I retried and checked the connected option. I'm now getting something keyframing along the spline.

I did something very similar just recently without issue. However, I used a helix for the path. It seems to me that the spline in your example is a bit borked. The ball "jitters" forward and backward as the spline position changes. It's almost like some spline segments are backward. Strange.

Seems like a helix would work well for that example.

* Simplify your spline. You have far too many segments / path-hops. I used a helix out of the menu with 4 controls for each turn.
* The Poly2Spline.JS generates individual paths for each bit between vertices and creates a compound spline. You will need to manually adjust the parametric helix (radii, height and loops) to fit the one generated by the Java script.

SS1.png

SS2.png

SS3.png

Attachments

• Helix 01.jas.zip
    109.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
As Zoohead stated you probably forget to check "Connected" or the manually added end didn´t join properly.
The straight part is segmented and runs in a zigzag manner:
SegmentedSpline.jpg

Cheers
Frank

Back