Browser Zoom

* Having an object browser with numerous objects can be a mild PITA when there is a need to edit related but distributed elements. My object browser is the full depth of an iMac 27 and there are often times when I can´t see the full list and need to collapse elements which are currently unimportant.

Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 15.47.32.png

* I wish there were an option to temporarily reduce the object browser to show a subset of hierarchic objects.
* The subset resulting from a search is partly useless, even if the query results is a single object being shown:
:unsure: modifiers can be added but are invisible and therefore can´t be edited.
:whistle: any associated child hierarchy is invisible / inaccessible.
Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 16.33.54.png

:cry: materials can´t be assigned.
:eek: etc

* It IS possible to enter a search string, select all and return to the full object browser (activating "reveal in object browser) but this works inconsistently, showing parts in a revealed sub-hierarchy whilst ignoring parts in any collapsed hierarchy. It actually seems to highlight hidden occurrances, but parts of the sub-hierarchies remain collapsed and associated objects are not visible.
* In any case, once an element in the object browser (the sample shows the highlighted valves of the human heart) has been selected for detailed editing, the multiple selection is gone.

* If anybody modelling complex scenes containing dozens of hierarchical subsystems has devised a useful workflow, please specify your solutions. :mad: I may have missed a simple trick

I run into the same type of problems. Some of my models have a lot of parts. Usually nested under creators and modifiers and then also within nested folders. Too bad the layers system doesn't have something that would help control the Object Browser items visibility. Maybe an "O" column could be added so anything within a certain layer is hidden in the browser list? Most of the time now, I select the object in the 3d window and then use the "Reveal in Object Browser" command to zero in on something. It has a keyboard shortcut, so it makes it faster. But I do find myself scrolling and searching a lot.

Back