Converting exported cameras from Metashape (photoscan) to camerapath or keyframes

JP Bresser

I have a 3D cave genererated in Agis Metashape exported including the cameras and imported in Cheetah and they show up as frames, the positioning as path for camera is for all these frames is perfect but how can I convert these "frames" to a path to animate the camera through the mesh?

Hi and Welcome.
Can you please upload a file with just the camera placeholder keyframes? I don´t think there´s an automated procedure - but maybe snapping spline points along spline tracking will do it.

Cheers
Frank

Hi and Welcome.
Can you please upload a file with just the camera placeholder keyframes? I don´t think there´s an automated procedure - but maybe snapping spline points along spline tracking will do it.

Cheers
Frank
What format should I upload? get error with attach files Un allowed extension

Ok - thanks for the file. What I had in mind won´t work because snapping will only work on geometry - not with folders. My idea was to generate a spline segmented into the same amount of frames (represented by folders) and then snap the spline points to the frame/folders - which simply don´t work.
Not sure if some scripting magician can conjure a conversion nor if the scripting API will handle this case. Can Metascan generate probably FBX files with animation data?

Cheers
Frank

The folders are the camera positons that generated the stills for the 3D object. I can Export FBX files but as Metascan has no animation capacities not sure how they will be included in the file. Would be awesome if I could animate the models in cheetah using the original camera positions.

Scripting is definitely not my cup of coffee; in essence you want the Position+Rotation values copy from frames to camera P+R while moving frame by frame. BUT as it might work for P+R it says nothing about Field-of-View for instance.
Looking at the bunch of folders in 3d view it might be easier to draw a simple spline with 4 or 5 points adjust the curvature manually in orthographic views. Another issue I see coming is scaling. The whole route is just about 0,32 unit compared to a standard parametric box and so will be the cave you imported - which leads to the question what file format and scale factor (see Cheetah3d preferences->Files) you use?
Amusingly we have a quite similar request a few days ago here: https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/13320/
Cheers
Frank

Hey Frank,

Thx for your support, I was actually thinking along the same line, manually creating and adjusting a spline.. I will check the similar request.

Best,
JP

Back