100th post and such a deal!

100th post and such a deal!

Hi everyone!

100 posts and still going strong! to celabrate this goal I and offering you a change to upgrade to a new and improved loft script. YES! it now includes splines at no extra cost!
splne.gif

and thats not all, act now and recieve at no cost to me the round box script
rb.jpg

but wait, thats not all.... for the next 10 bijillion minutes anyone DLing the above scripts also get the Sierpinski sponge script, usefull for all those messy clean ups after those late night modeling sessions!

Todd

PS any discalmer you have ever heard goes here. ymmv

Attachments

• scripts.zip
    6 KB · Views: 1,207
Congratulations:wink:. Your a 10th of the way to a 1000:-D. Another one of your great scripts.

Thanks,
Greg

Hello, Tod.

nice scripts, yours is so useful anytime.

What do you think of which one is faster? prototype function or simple function to run? or no differences?

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hiroto,

not sure which is faster, if your curious you can time the code like so:
Code:
		var st1 = new Date().getTime();
		//some fuction call
		var st2 = new Date().getTime();
		// st2-st1 is the time in milliseconds

the reason I like prototyping better is the fact that all instances of an object are modified and you can use this result how you like. concider this code:
Code:
if( !Vec3D.str) {
	Vec3D.prototype.str = function() {
		if(arguments.length == 0)
			return "("+ this.x + "," + this.y + "," + this.z + ")";
		var l = arguments[0];
		return "("+ this.x.toFixed(l) + "," + this.y.toFixed(l) + "," + this.z.toFixed(l) + ")";
	}
}
yes you could call a functon to print each point out but they appear on seperate lines. now using the prototype
Code:
	var v1 = new Vec3D(1.23,-.45,0);
	var v2 = new Vec3D(-.236,.367,-.3);
	print( v1.str(3) + " : " + v2.str(3));
would produce the output:
(1.230,-0.450,0.000) : (-0.236,0.367,-0.300)
I guess a function call could be used to get the same results, I just prefer the prototype way of doing it, it just seems a bit cleaner to me. I'll run some tests to see which is faster and report back.

Todd

Frank,

I just checked the DL again, I am guessing you did not used the new one. try DLing again.

Todd

Excellent Todd! Your scripts are top-notch, thanks so much for all the effort you put into these. The addition of splines to the loft tool is really useful. :smile:

One more thing - is there any chance you could have the option to cap the ends of the loft? (preferably with the bevel options that you get with the extrude tool? That would be fantastic :smile:)

Last edited:
One more thing - is there any chance you could have the option to cap the ends of the loft? (preferably with the bevel options that you get with the extrude tool? That would be fantastic :smile:)

I understand what you mean by cap the ends, thats found in the sweep tool. I just don't quite know what you mean by bevel options in the extrude tool. can you post a picture of it?

Todd

I understand what you mean by cap the ends, thats found in the sweep tool. I just don't quite know what you mean by bevel options in the extrude tool. can you post a picture of it?

Todd

Here you go Todd, hopefully this makes it clear? I hope this isn't too much too ask :confused:

Attachments

• caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,411
Hi Todd,
excellent scripts as always.:icon_thumbup: It's always a pleasure to try your scripts.

Bye,
Martin

Here you go Todd, hopefully this makes it clear? I hope this isn't too much too ask :confused:

Theoretically it is possible. Practically not, since the polygon tesselator of Cheetah3D isn't available via Javascript. Without it it will become very difficult.

Bye,
Martin

Hi all,

a quick update from the loft labs here, now includes a loft tag you can add to spline to offset where to start on the spline. this effectively rotates the spline without actually roating it. now going from a circle spline to a ngon spline can be fixed by adding the loft tag to the ngon and setting the offset to -.25

have fun
Todd

Attachments

• Loft.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 942
Theoretically it is possible. Practically not, since the polygon tesselator of Cheetah3D isn't available via Javascript. Without it it will become very difficult.

Bye,
Martin

That's a shame. I suppose you could just duplicate the spline at the end of the loft and extrude this to get the same effect? Will have to try that.

Still no way to sweep with more than one profile?
I tried the loft tag but I don't understand how it is used.
I also tried the loft script but it makes a polygon obj.
I'm trying to make a scarf that can be readjusted and I'd like to have where it goes around the neck a smaller profile at that point. Is this impossible still?
I want to keep it as an active sweep obj.( not collapsed)
Thanks.

This case is perfect for the loft script:

Cheers
Frank

Only problem here is now it is a polygon obj not a spline unless I'm missing something. Quote from my post below"I want to keep it as an active sweep obj.( not collapsed) "

Attachments

• Sweep2.jpg
    Sweep2.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
You don´t have to make the loft-hierarchy editable as you do with a sweep-creator object.
I still think the taper-sweep script can help you here.

Cheers
Frank

You don´t have to make the loft-hierarchy editable as you do with a sweep-creator object.
I still think the taper-sweep script can help you here.

Cheers
Frank

As I said in my earlier reply: "Hi Frank I tried to use the Taper sweep but could not figure out how it works."

Back