Camera Flickering Away

Camera Flickering Away

It seems like every 3 months I sign in with another dumb question:) I know you missed me so I'm back with a problem I can't seem to fix. I'm doing an animation illustrating travel on a map. I'm kinda going for the "Indiana Jones " effect of the arrow leaving the city and arriving at the next city etc.. This effect was fun in AE but I decided that I could do some really cool stuff in Cheetah.

I'm creating an office currently with desk, chairs, pictures. All easy stuff but it should enhance the look quite a bit. Now the problem:
For one part of the animation, the arrow leaves chicago and the camera weaves around it on a helix (using the spline tracking tool). The target tag on the camera is set to the arrow head so that it makes what should be a really nice camera movement as the arrow soars across the map.

When I hit play and watch it in the window I notice no problems whatsoever. When I render it, the camera keeps flickering away in mid journey to a different angle and then back again. I've looked and I don't even have any cameras capturing the angle that it is flickering too. I tried deleting the camera and re-keying it to the spline but the effect was still there. I tried deleting the helix but when I created the new one and put the camera on it, it still flickered. When I deleted the target tag the random flicker disappeared but the camera wasn't looking at the target so that won't work. Then I reapplied a fresh new target and it was back again.

I'm currently rendering an EXTREMELY low quality version of just this sequence and will post a link to the video when I get a chance so you can actually see whats happening. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks for reading my post\book and have a great day.

I took a closer look at the target tag and think I might have fixed the problem. The priority was set to 10. I set it to 1 and so far in the render its all looked good. That may change but so far so good! I've never played with priority before. Anyone have a quick explanation of how it works so I don't mess it up again later?

I took a closer look at the target tag and think I might have fixed the problem. The priority was set to 10. I set it to 1 and so far in the render its all looked good.

Cushdaddy,
I understand that the problem is maybe solved but would it be possible to have a simple .jas file demonstrating the problem you were having ?
Thanks in advance.

Back