Helix on path?

Is there a deeper intention not to use this brillant script?

Well - then you can start with an extruded helix or if you like to go even further with just one quad polygon and extrude from one edge, then edge rotate - extrude - rotate and so on. Then call the shell tool and smooth the mesh via subdivision.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• Cable.jpg
    Cable.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 383
  • cable.jas.zip
    82.7 KB · Views: 375
Is there a deeper intention not to use this brillant script?

Well - then you can start with an extruded helix or if you like to go even further with just one quad polygon and extrude from one edge, then edge rotate - extrude - rotate and so on. Then call the shell tool and smooth the mesh via subdivision.

Cheers
Frank

Frank,

Thanks a bunch! The script is just fine. I think it's important to know how to solve problems like this from different angles. This can help in situations where a script is not available and someone doesn't know how to create one that can solve the problem.

Regards,
Robert

Can you be more specific?

Cheers
Frank

Sorry. The phone handle simply looks too skinny, and unrealistic. What I was trying to do was a 4 sided body for the handle where the top was narrower than the bottom and the sides were slightly rounded. As I get better with modeling, I'll get it right. I just made this flower, which needs work, but it's allowing me to get better with shaping, etc.

purpleflower.png

Back