UV Mapping problems

UV Mapping problems

Hello again. Now it's UV Mapping problems. I don't know what it takes to put the logo on the brass cylinder. I thought I had it placed but it won't show up. I'm having trouble understanding why it showed for a while, and now it won't.

Hello again. Now it's UV Mapping problems. I don't know what it takes to put the logo on the brass cylinder. I thought I had it placed but it won't show up. I'm having trouble understanding why it showed for a while, and now it won't.

It's difficult to tell David it could be any number of things but Franks beer bottle tutorial is a good start:
http://www.cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=171
Sorry I can't be more help, I did have a tutorial on my site but my provider has suspended my account. :(

Andrew

Hi David, Andrew.
Don´t know wether the tutorial is that kind of helpful here. Can´t say anathing without having a clue what David is after. Sorry.
With kindest regards.
Frank

I'm taking a big guess here, but this tripped me up when I first did UV mapping, and sounds a bit like your problem. When you've positioned your texture, are you remembering to press the "write UV coords" button in the tool menu?

Thanks to everyone. I solved the problem through several workarounds prior to the last response. I'm sure I'lll get the hang of it as I go.

I hope to see the ability to import moving video for motion backgrounds in the future!

Anyomore, I just set up seams and unwrap my UVs. I just like the level of control. I never could get the hang of uv coordinates. I just don't do a lot of stuff with repeating textures.

That was my hassle. I just wanted to place a logo. One time. On the face of the cylinder. No multiple appearances of the logo wrapping around the cylinder. Just a simple projection map onto its front. I'm still to new to know how to implement what you're suggesting, but I'm willing to try.

Back