Cupcake

Cupcake

A friend asked me to model a cupcake for her small business : )

Still a work in progress.

Keko%2007-L.png

The chocolate one turns out very good, the strawberry cream looks slightly too glossy to me, like ice cream.
Maybe use more roughness there.

The modeling is done very well too.

Thanks Martin! :D

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with the following. I made a coffee mug for the scene, but I'm not sure how to make the coffee material to make it look believable.. anyone has tried this? care to share a good way to do this?

It could be any kind of coffee as long as it looks believable and yummy lol

Thank you Siwzl and Albert!

For some reason the cream of the coffee is not transitioning smoothly like in Archie's file, but it still looks nice.. thank you Misoversaturated!

Render time aprox 40 minutes at 3000 spp 1920x1080 on an iMac i5 2.9GHz

Keko-21-X3.jpg

Last edited:
looks very nice!
I'm thinking that lowering your FOV on camera settings by 5 or 10 would be worth a try. Just a little too much distortion for my tastes.

I also did a cupcake thing a few years back - mind if I put a pic in this thread too? I believe my icing may have been composited in after though :redface:

--shift studio.

Joel, yours reminded me (in subject matter) of one from my past >>

Herve's-Cupcakes4fcrop.jpg

Like I said this is a few years back, and guess it was for a jewellery store - I can't recall why the jewellery was composed with cupcakes (I only spoke with the photographer and only via email).

The rings and the hero cupcake's icing are photographic and added after in Photoshop

--shift studio.

ps. There is a full frame image and crop. It was always meant to be cropped but with plenty of room for different shapes of crop.

Attachments

• Herve's-Cupcakes4f-fullframe.jpg
    Herve's-Cupcakes4f-fullframe.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Back