Centre Point?

Ok, I've just looked at that tool in the help files and it seems to be what i'm after, although I can't work out how to use it.

Basically I have a box which will become a door and I need to rotate it from its hinges rather than from the centre - how do I go about doing that?

Thanks

Hi.
I´m quiet sure that there is another way, but till Andrew will show you the trick, you can try this. Place your door where the hinges are over zero xy axis. Then go "tools - coord system and burn transform. Move back your door and now it will open from the hinges.

With kindest regards
Frank

And now ......

Attachments

• Door.png
    Door.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 625
Hi.
I´m quiet sure that there is another way, but till Andrew will show you the trick, you can try this.
Wow thanks Frank, A quick way of doing this is by parenting objects. I've attached a movie but I think the one on coordinates in the tutorial section of my site says the same thing.

Andrew:)

Movie

off topic... but since i am relatively new to the amazing world of mac...

What's the application you use to make those movies in real time from screen?

thanks,
-t0m

Hi Frank
I tried this but it didn't seem to work. When I hit burn transform I get a sort of error sound and nothing happens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi.
I´m quiet sure that there is another way, but till Andrew will show you the trick, you can try this. Place your door where the hinges are over zero xy axis. Then go "tools - coord system and burn transform. Move back your door and now it will open from the hinges.

With kindest regards
Frank

And now ......

Hi Frank
I tried this but it didn't seem to work. When I hit burn transform I get a sort of error sound and nothing happens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

...not to worry, I think I've figured it out now. I didn't make the mesh editable first. I think I've got this sussed now. :)

Back