Frank´s v7 WIPs

Thanx guys! After all UV making for every part I found it quite useless facing how easy the material part was with procedurals I have in my repository. Nonetheless I´ve planned to paint it so I have to bite the bullet. :p

Cheers
Frank

Besides the glass looking real; your whole "Shot Glass Render" looks fabulous Frank.

It would really be nice if you would please show specifically how you produced the Dust.
(like maybe post a .jas file that we could study the particle settings, type of and positioning of the lighting and DOF and HDRI's used.)

I suppose animating the dust wouldn't be possible?:mrgreen:
I would guess rendering the number of particles necessary would blow up a computer.
Hey! . . . I was always told to dream BIG but be prepared not to have my dreams come true.

BTW: Your Colt render is fantastic. To accomplish modeling and texturing the colt as you have is beyond me.

Thanks for sharing

My Best 2U
Jeanny

Great work Frank!

In particular, I'm interested in how you did the monogram on the glass. I've seen your Celtic knot post and tried to do something similar over a year ago, but it didn't work very well.

In particular, I'm interested in how you did the monogram on the glass.
While I enjoy modeling things it´s not necessary all the time. A bump-map often is more than sufficient:
If you have a special case I can try to lead you through the process.
GlassBumpMapped.jpeg

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
If you have a special case I can try to lead you through the process.

Thanks Frank

I'm interested in modelling some carved or molded ornamentation on a building, e.g., a decorative frieze. I'll take some photos or draw something up. Your Celtic pattern had sufficient complexity. Was this modeled or did you use a bump map? Now I'm interested in both techniques.

Thanks Frank

I'm interested in modelling some carved or molded ornamentation on a building, e.g., a decorative frieze. I'll take some photos or draw something up. Your Celtic pattern had sufficient complexity. Was this modeled or did you use a bump map? Now I'm interested in both techniques.
The Celtic stuff is real geometry. Lead me to some imagery or share a link if you like.

Cheers
Frank

Wallpaper

You´ll find this scene with the new beta - except Martin outsources the example files as an extra optional download.
GlasWallpaper2016.jpeg

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Hi Frank
As always beautiful render.
When you mentioned:
You´ll find this scene with the new beta - except Martin outsources the example files as an extra optional download.

Cheers
Frank
Where and how does one download this example file?
Thanks

My Best Regards
Jeanny

Hi Frank
As always beautiful render.
When you mentioned:

Where and how does one download this example file?
Thanks

My Best Regards
Jeanny
Thanks Jeanny.
I think you´ll find it here when Martin put it in the next beta:
v7ExampleFiles.png

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Back