Import 3ds file. Rotate. HDRI Tutorials???

Import 3ds file. Rotate. HDRI Tutorials???

Hi,

I'm importing a 3ds file of a house. When it imports it is laid on its side. Is there any way of importing it so that it opens with the correct view? If not then can I reset the view?

I'd like to have a look at HDRI rendering. Does anyone have any tutorials for doing this in an architecural context?

Thanks.

Adri

Could you not just rotate the house model 90 degrees?

I don't know about architecture, but I don't think it would be radically different from other uses of HDRI lighting. You might like to download Photomatix Pro and Terragen to make some HDRI's. Photomatix Pro has a good explanation about HDRI images in the FAQ, and peer posted a good tutorial on using Terragen and Cheetah here http://www.wengenmayer.de/forum/showthread.php?t=376
Hope this is of some help.

I'm importing a 3ds file of a house. When it imports it is laid on its side. Is there any way of importing it so that it opens with the correct view? If not then can I reset the view?

Normally .3ds files should load fine. At least my .3ds files load fine.

You can do two things. If you've exported the .3ds file from another app you can check if there is a option to rotate the hole scene during export.

Or you can check on the "load into folder" property of the .3ds loader preferences in the preferences window. Now import the .3ds file into an empty scene. The hole content of the 3ds file should be in a folder now. Finally just rotate that folder.

Bye,
Martin

Back