Cheetah3D 3.6 Beta 1

is it just me or does the create polygon tool not work anymore?... the points don't appear.

That's a bug of course. Francois also told me that the "Create Spline" tool doesn't work.

These bugs will be fixed in beta 2 which I'm currently uploading to my website.

Thanks for the tip.

Bye,
Martin

Oh, now I understand you. So would it be enough if the active camera (the camera with the violet background) shows the field of view. That would be very easy to implement.

Bye,
Martin

Yep, that would be great.

btw, I quite fancied having a go at making some of my own icons for Cheetah. I tried using Tinkertool to see if there was a hidden icons folder with the installation, but I couldn't find one. Is there one, or doesn't Cheetah store icons that way?

P.S - no offence meant to Frank and his excellent icon work. I just like making icons! :)

Yep, that would be great.

It can be implemented in 30 sec. but I probably won't do it. I thought about it and I think that that feature would mess up the OpenGL view most of the time. For example if you are in Quad view while modeling there will be all the camera field of views around. No very nice.

And I think most of the time is used for modeling and not for positioning a camera. So the lesser problem is the current implementation.

btw, I quite fancied having a go at making some of my own icons for Cheetah. I tried using Tinkertool to see if there was a hidden icons folder with the installation, but I couldn't find one. Is there one, or doesn't Cheetah store icons that way?

You can modify all icons. You can find them if you open Cheetah3D.app with right click "Show Package content". Then go to the folder "Cheetah3D.app/Contents/Resources/". Here you can find all icons of Cheetah3D.

Bye,
Martin

Perhaps if the FOV was only visible all the time in just the perspective window? I tend to model and texture objects in one Cheetah window, then layout the scene, light, and render in another.

Thanks for pointing me to the icons - I see there are some as yet unused skeletal/morphing icons, ready and waiting for 4.0! :)

Perhaps if the FOV was only visible all the time in just the perspective window? I tend to model and texture objects in one Cheetah window, then layout the scene, light, and render in another.

Maybe later. It's too time consuming currently. I think I better invest some time in the new transform tool I'm currently working on.:wink:

Thanks for pointing me to the icons - I see there are some as yet unused skeletal/morphing icons, ready and waiting for 4.0! :)

Yes, and please don't forget to post a screenshot of your moded version of Cheetah3D. :wink:

Bye,
Martin

I'm not a programmer, so when I ask/suggest things, I don't have any real idea how long they would take to do. I'm always impressed with how quickly Cheetah is maturing, and the nice regular updates. I think you must be a some sort of programming super cyborg and never need to sleep! :-D

Back