Kudos for an awesome app!

Kudos for an awesome app!

first let me quickly introduce myself..

nick: t0m smyk0wski
3d: just a hobby but a passion at the same time, been at it for approx. 4 yrs now

now to the topic:
man, this is an awesome application. I recently got myself an iMac 20" and need to switch from windows 3d-applications (I used 3ds max, gmax and cybermotion before and it only took me about 2 hours to get along with c3d pretty good.) to mac apps - when I found ou about cheetah3d it complete blew me away... Congrats and thanks for this application!

I am definetly going to buy this asap as this is one of the few SW out there that someone like me (non professional use) can effort!

again: thank you!

regards,
-t0m

Welcome Tom.
I recently got myself an iMac 20" and need to switch from windows 3d-applications (I used 3ds max, gmax and cybermotion before and it only took me about 2 hours to get along with c3d pretty good.)
Glad you got in to C3D so quick, it must me a big difference from Cymo.
I am definetly going to buy this asap
Smart choice, you won't find a better app for the price.

Andrew

Welcome Tom.
Glad you got in to C3D so quick, it must me a big difference from Cymo.
Smart choice, you won't find a better app for the price.
Andrew

ah, not too bad... it was more easy than trying to adjust myself to Blender, which I never seem to do at all.

I am sure that I'll never gonna find a better app at this price. Cymo was kind of cheap - but boy, I could only dream of the possibilities I seem to have with C3D... I am so excited that I wish I coud quit my job to model more ;)

anyways, I'll need tons of experience on organic/facial/caracter modelling. since i've just done bicycles and abstract stuff in the past...
a small choice of what I did alot in the last lets say two yrs can be foud at my website, which I really need to update, too...

looking forward to learn a lot from you guys... soon it's christmas and I'll get to buy C3D - ah, what the heck, I'll buy it tonight ;)

cheers,
- t0m

ah, not too bad... it was more easy than trying to adjust myself to Blender, which I never seem to do at all.

I am sure that I'll never gonna find a better app at this price. Cymo was kind of cheap - but boy, I could only dream of the possibilities I seem to have with C3D... I am so excited that I wish I coud quit my job to model more ;)

anyways, I'll need tons of experience on organic/facial/caracter modelling. since i've just done bicycles and abstract stuff in the past...
a small choice of what I did alot in the last lets say two yrs can be foud at my website, which I really need to update, too...

looking forward to learn a lot from you guys... soon it's christmas and I'll get to buy C3D - ah, what the heck, I'll buy it tonight ;)

cheers,
- t0m

Wow, bicycle designer. The new contest should be right up your street. :)

Andrew

yeah, I just read about it... hehe.
I'll see if I still feel like modelling bikes since i've done like 2 dozen already...

the chain-tool (havent played with it yet) might come in handy ;)
BTW: Is there a way to have a transparent meterial which receives shadows (like in 3ds max, often used it with a plane white background to get an image like below)? This would also be cool, to set 3d objects into photographs or video scenes...

I already had two of my designs come reality that is gotta be the most awesomest think that can happen to someone that 3d does modelling just for the fun of it ...
t0m_smyk0wski_simple-c-007_t.jpg
... the "real" thing

and it's design from early 2005...

Attachments

• t0m_smyk0wski18.jpg
    t0m_smyk0wski18.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Hi t0m,

welcome to this board! :smile:

Really nice bikes you have done with very good compositing! :icon_thumbup:
I don't know why, but if I look to your bikes I would give them the name "harley-bikes"! hehehehe

Cool!

cheers
Wolfgang

Hi Tom,
welcome to the forum and thanks for your nice words.:smile: That's always motivating.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

All: Thanks for the warm welcome!
Martin: I cant really believe that this great SW has been concepted and is being implemented mainly by yourself... or didn't I understand?

Here's one I designed myself...not quite in your league ;)
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5372/trackbikenewsmallerpt1.jpg
How are you with conventional frame design? I'm having a problem that I just can't resolve, and I need some new input, to maybe give me a fresh perspective...
I never actually tried designing more conventional bikes but I'd be happy to help (if I can).
So, what exactly is the problem?

Last edited:
Tim,

other than your first PM I got nothing from you... neither in my email.
Try again ;)

here's on of the pieces I did w/ the Demo version...

Attachments

• apple_001.jpg
    apple_001.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 205
Back