point light...

Thats because a point light is a point, not an area. It has no size, or in other words, infinite smallness, kinda like a line with no width, dang, now I'm getting dizzy.

Thats because a point light is a point, not an area. It has no size, or in other words, infinite smallness, kinda like a line with no width, dang, now I'm getting dizzy.

Is this a typo in the help files then !? under lights inks and why is there a radius setting at all !?

Regards

Luke

Attachments

• light.png
    light.png
    58 KB · Views: 235
Hi,
the radius setting is greyed out at the moment. But I plan to add soft shadows to point light sources in the future. Then the point light won't be treated like a infinitesimal small point but as a small ball. At the moment the radius property is not in use. Sorry. On this point the documentation already explains the future behavior.

Bye,
Martin

Hi,
the radius setting is greyed out at the moment. But I plan to add soft shadows to point light sources in the future. Then the point light won't be treated like a infinitesimal small point but as a small ball. At the moment the radius property is not in use. Sorry. On this point the documentation already explains the future behavior.

Bye,
Martin

Thanks Martin

Those little things really help

Regards

Luke

Back