Cheetah3D 7 - Free Upgrade Promo - Mac App Store

Martin wird es Dich wissen lassen, wenn es soweit ist!
Deinen Smiley verstehe ich wirklich nicht. :confused:

Gruß
Frank

Hi Frank

I think 90% of the users are waiting for the update :)
I also think that many (like me) are daily surfing the forum to get a glimps of news about the update.

I have a big respect for Martin and I know he is doing his best to get it done.

"It's done when it's done" is ok for me BUT a little update post would be nice so we (users) can follow the updates without having a final timeframe for the update to roll out.

Blender does this too, it gives the users a glimps of new updates that they are working on. It gives the user the feeling that they are part of something beautiful that is constant evolving.

ps: pardon my englisch (i'm from belgium).

Mac OS upgrade a lot recently.

After leaving MAS,
if Mac OS upgrading causes the Cheetah 3D crash,
will Cheetah 3D update for new Mac OS for free?

That's a good question, but it's not like C3D has a bad track record of forwards compatibility.

As for Martin's reasons for keeping quiet, I think he wants to avoid creating expectations he can't meet.

One of the interesting advantages of the app store moving forward is that developers will be submitting intermediate code which Apple can later optimize for specific CPUs at a later date, which is kind of awesome. (Microsoft is doing something similar with .NET and LLVM.)

Last edited:
I can not find it in the App Store, not even the old version.
I use OS X El Capitan
Thereafter, the program did not go on.
Refresh the purchased program over the App Store was not possible???

@ OLAF
No!

Hi,
I have some informations about the upcoming Cheetah3D 7. Since Cheetah3D 7 isn't too far away anymore I've decided to start a free upgrade promo. Everybody who bought Cheetah3D 6 (full version or upgrade) after April, 1st 2015 will be entitled to a free upgrade to Cheetah3D 7. The registration numbers I've sent out since April, 1st 2015 will automatically work with Cheetah3D 7 once it is available.

The main features of Cheetah3D 7 will be:
  • New renderer
  • NGon booleans
  • Movie textures
  • Soft selections
  • Collada import
  • Layers
  • Full OpenEXR 2 workflow
  • Big UI update
  • and much much more

You might have noticed that Cheetah3D is no longer available for purchase in the Mac App Store. I've withdrawn Cheetah3D from the Mac App Store and I currently have no plans to return. Therefore Cheetah3D 7 won't be sold via the MAS too.

Kind regards
Martin

After I stalled Cheetah again from the App store, I got an error saying something about an .kext file, see screenshot:
When will version 7 be released ?? and is it compatible with El Capitan ?? for now I un-installed it again !!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 15.42.48.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 15.42.48.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:
After I stalled Cheetah again from the App store, I got an error saying something about an .kext file, see screenshot:
When will version 7 be released ?? and is it compatible with El Capitan ?? for now I un-installed it again !!
I´m pretty sure the screenshot isn´t related to Cheetah3d.
v7 will run on El Capitan.
There´s no final release date yet.

Cheers
Frank

Well.. after I deleted Cheetah, the pop-up screen at the computer start-up was gone, after I installed Cheetah again, it popped up again, so, in my opinion, it must be related to Cheetah version 6.3.2 and the latest OS X, or at least, it must have something to do with it, because Trusteer Antivirus is not interfering with any other program, and did not interfere with Cheetah in older versions of the OS X. But it does not matter, I will wait for version 7's compatibility with El Capitan !! Probably and hopefully this issue will be resolved than !

Last edited:
The notification screenshot you've posted is about a kext signed by trustee.com, so it's not Cheetah3d related. Latest C3D version in Mac App Store is 6.3.2. and it works just fine under El Capitan (with some fullscreen issues). Launching C3D had some issues that can be fixed with solutions from my previous post.

If you use it on purpose you could update the Trusteer Rapport to the latest version that is El Capitan compatible, or just uninstall it. :eek:

If you didn't install it on purpose try to scan your Mac with this app, it could be malware. LINK

Of course I am running Trusteer Rapport on purpose and I have already the latest version, but thanks for your advice !

> Cheetah3D 7 - Free Upgrade Promo

Only for those bought C3D from this web-site?

Hi Leo,
everybody who bought Cheetah3D after April 1st 2015 will get the Upgrade for free. If you bought Cheetah3D after that date you already received a registration number which will work with the upcoming Cheetah3D 7.

Bye
Martin

Hi Leo,
everybody who bought Cheetah3D after April 1st 2015 will get the Upgrade for free. If you bought Cheetah3D after that date you already received a registration number which will work with the upcoming Cheetah3D 7.

Bye
Martin

Thank you, Martin.

Back