Cheetah3D 7 - Free Upgrade Promo - Mac App Store

....but its clear that the company has been much less about developing a cutting edge workstation and more and more about chasing revenue streams like a dog chasing squirrels.

I think I agree with this. Its in the fact you can't upgrade the memory in a 21" iMac, or any of the laptops as far as I can see, nor the Mac Mini; that for me killed the Mini, why would I pay for Apples eye watering Ram upgrades.

Its in the fact that for four years and the iMac screen size is still 27" and in the fact the marketing was more about how thin it is than anything else.
The older iMacs, with the CD in the side, were thin enough, its a desktop, it doesn't need to be thin, my iMac is about an inch thick, its perfect, and would probably help with heat management.
Why isn't there a i7 version of the iMac, why is it a £200 upgrade option on the retina iMac, why has it take four years give or take to get an i7 option, when that was meant to be an original feature of one of the generation of the 27 iMac.

No, its all about gouging money out of you via the app stores, ridicules upgrades, etc.

Oh and god forbid you want a wired keyboard for your desktop, in store? forget it to have to order online. At least that is my experience.
I want a full keyboard, its bad enough i have to put up with keys in the wrong place, why would i want a small, horrible wireless keyboard, its a desk top, its not like I am going to type an email on it from 10 meters away.... seriously that is a feature of the wireless keyboard 10meter range.... who's eyes are that good?

Last edited:
The problem with Apple however since the iPhone was released is that they no longer have a real vision for OS X outside of iOS. Not truly. So I think its hard to know if Metal is something that Apple is really going to get behind, or if they'll Microsoft themselves and abandon it because there is some kind of internal politics around it that will kill it. Its hard to tell. Apple hasn't been Apple for 10 years now. They still have the consistent PR, and tight product line, but its clear that the company has been much less about developing a cutting edge workstation and more and more about chasing revenue streams like a dog chasing squirrels.

Um, what? In the last two years Apple delivered boxes that can live edit multiple composited 4K streams, a new programming language with the fastest adoption rate in history, and a new MacBook that trumps their own MacBook Air which all its competitors have been unsuccessfully attempting to imitate for five years. (The force touch trackpad is eerily good.)

Oh and they released some pretty good iOS stuff too.

... any dates when we can expect VS7 release?
This is an exiting news. Bring it on Martin we'll follow through your purchase store. :icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup:

Hi,
sorry for the absence recently but I'm working like a crazy to finish v7. Unluckily I totally underestimated the complexity of that upgrade.

The good news is that v7 already reached Beta status. I'm currently Beta testing v7 with a small group of beta testers. Once v7 gets more mature I might even run some sort of bigger beta test. But for the first the relatively small group of beta testers keeps me very busy.

Thank you very much for your patience.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Hi,
sorry for the absence recently but I'm working like a crazy to finish v7. Unluckily I totally underestimated the complexity of that upgrade.

The good news is that v7 already reached Beta status. I'm currently Beta testing v7 with a small group of beta testers. Once v7 gets more mature I might even run some sort of bigger beta test. But for the first the relatively small group of beta testers keeps me very busy.

Thank you very much for your patience.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Thanks for the update Martin! We know you want to put out a quality product. It will be exciting to see the new one when you do release it though.

:cool:

Thanks for the heads up, now I can stop stalling the rigging tutorial in hopes of v7 coming out in time to use that instead.

I'm fine with v6 anyway so please take the time
needed, cause any way you do it is going to be OK.

Thank You Martin for the update!!!
Please take your time and make the product you feel is best...

I am sure we will all be Happy Campers no matter what you do!!!

:icon_thumbup: :cool: :icon_thumbup:

Hi Martin I'm having some troubles i upgraded my imac to Yosemite and i have now troubles to move around objects. The mac is an imac last version problem should not come from there. I downloaded the version on appstore so now i don' t now how to reinstall it any solutions?
It 's a bit an emergency i have to do renders by monday :s

Thanks a lot !

It's still possible to reinstall Cheetah from AppStore by calling your payed Apps.

Attachments

• reinstall.jpg
    reinstall.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,439
What is this, the thread to attach random questions to? If you have a proper question, post a new thread. Let this one die per Frank's plea.

Mac OS upgrade a lot recently.

After leaving MAS,
if Mac OS upgrading causes the Cheetah 3D crash,
will Cheetah 3D update for new Mac OS for free?

Back