Cracker.js

Many thanks Hiroto. Amazing script. Works great. :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:
Many greetings to the homeland of ゴジラ. :p

Cheers
Frank

Been wanting to do this in Cheetah forever! Thank you so much Hiroto - an amazing and useful and FUN script.

Can anyone help explain how to use the crack point settings? Also, what is the difference between crack type random and point random?

crack pot research

After some testing I found that a "crack origin" can be defined when point random is selected and the point values are set to be located on the surface of the object (works on an edge too, but not at a vertex position).

Because the cracking does not happen automatically in the course of a physics simulation, it has to be calculated in advance and here the possibility to define a point of impact definitely comes handy.

screenshot.png centercrack.gif

Last edited:
Hi all

thank you for testing.

pieces: count of cracked polygon count
crack type:
random -> script will divide polygon with random plane at random point
regular -> script divide polygon at exact half of polygon
point random -> script will divide polygon with random plane at 'crack point'
crack size var.(variation):
each piece size variation [0 - 1], only affect random and regular of crack type.

Best

tg_jp, Hiroto

After some testing I found that a "crack origin" can be defined when point random is selected and the point values are set to be located on the surface of the object (works on an edge too, but not at a vertex position).
Thanks misoversaturated. And thanks again Hiroto. Now I feel I can use this great script to its full advantage.

'burned' pivot?

Hi, Hiroto. Splendid script.
I've noticed there's a strange (?) behavior that is related to how you are setting the pivot points in the script. It seems that, even though the pivots are reset, they aren't "burned". I'm wondering if you can add a checkbox option for "burn pivots". If I'm not being clear about this or am missing something, I'll try to post a video explaining it.
A little more clarification:
I mentioned on the forum that, previous to the accessibility of "Cracker", I used Blender to "Cell Fracture" objects then re-import them into C3D and use a script that I hacked from the "center of gravity" script (I made it do multiple objects). If I try to do anything with the pivots after using Cracker, things get weird (the pivots are off). But if I use the "Coord System"'s "Burn pivot point" after using Cracker, I can then set the pivots to whatever.
Does this make sense?

Thanks again. Donation coming...

-cg

Hi Hiroto.
Is the script able to keep more than 1 texture of an fractured object?
I have an hull kind of object with an inner+outer texture and after the cracker-script just the first "all" texture assignment shows up - though 2 assignments ("all" and "1") are still there. Any idea?
Thanks for your time.

Cheers
Frank

Cracker trouble

Hi!

I am am trying to follow the demo, but it seems I can't select the object I want to crack and the tool in order to "apply" at the same time. Is this a problem with the 7 beta or the script? My version doesn't look like Hiroto's demo (my Cheetah is 7.0b17). Ultimately it freezes. Please help! : )

Thanks!

David

Hi David.
We´re up to beta 23 right now - but the script does work in beta17.
What are your steps exactly? It´s really just selecting an object - calling the script - adjust and hit apply.

Cheers
Frank

Back