Product Render Studio

Product Render Studio

I've been playing around with a scene with the intention of creating a product render studio so users can just download the scene, drop their 3d object in and hit render.

Here's the initial render that I have, I'm still playing with settings and optimising the render time to make it better and faster.

I'll post the file when it's finished...

Attachments

• radiosity-emissive-softboxes.jpg
    radiosity-emissive-softboxes.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 3,160
I've been playing around with a scene with the intention of creating a product render studio so users can just download the scene, drop their 3d object in and hit render.

Here's the initial render that I have, I'm still playing with settings and optimising the render time to make it better and faster.

Great! That would be very welcome.

That looks good :icon_thumbup:

For anyone that is interested in this the file is now available for download from my personal blog...

http://www.mac3dsoftware.com/cheetah3d/cheetah3d-product-render-studio-file-download/

Feel free to use the file however you like - all I ask is if you download it and use it please leave a comment on the blog just so I can gauge if people are interested or not.

It's not the quickest to render (not on my old Macbook Pro anyway) but it works.

Last edited:
Looks great!

Another thing you can do is turn HDR caching on and render a panorama from the position of the product and use it for HDR lighting. (You'll probably need to do a lot of tweaking to get the brightness right.)

I agree Dave,
it looks very good and many thanks for sharing...

actually I did a studio setup with the intention to share it as well a while ago but it got lost in my HDD somewhere (it was totally different... maybe I will post it if I find it)

cheers,
Alessandro

Reply to posts

Thanks Dave. I was just telling my sister the virtues of having a studio set up that they could swap products in and out of. I'm trying to break them out of just using Photoshop for everything - they usually come to me for 3-D work. Looking forward to using your set up.

Thanks Dave. I was just telling my sister the virtues of having a studio set up that they could swap products in and out of. I'm trying to break them out of just using Photoshop for everything - they usually come to me for 3-D work. Looking forward to using your set up.

I'm looking forward to seeing it being used, I'll be really happy even if one person uses it!

just playing with an old model of mine... (no post)

lowered radiosity intensity to 1.2 and slightly changed the coloured softboxes to something more white-ish (on the same colour tone) to increase emission;

also, raised Rmin to 0,5 to improve rendering speed

cheers,
Alessandro

Attachments

• mirlino_davestudio2.jpg
    mirlino_davestudio2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 2,582
just playing with an old model of mine... (no post)

lowered radiosity intensity to 1.2 and slightly changed the coloured softboxes to something more white-ish (on the same colour tone) to increase emission;

also, raised Rmin to 0,5 to improve rendering speed

cheers,
Alessandro

Wow, that looks better than I had expected. To be honest I was struggling with the shadows under the box so there are no doubt improvements to be made
to render time depending on what you're rendering.

Would you have any objections to me posting your render on my site under the sample renders section?

In the product render studio file, there is an object attached to the camera named "Region Render".

Showing this, and using the perspective view, I can see that it is a plane, subdivided, with a single rectangular hole in it. The object has been hidden both from the view and the rendering engine.

This hole, or the plane itself, does not appear to have any effect on the rendering process.

What is its purpose?

Going by the name, Render *Region*, does this mean that it can be used to render portions of the image, for instance to produce >5Kx5K images?

Or, can it be used to only render a portion of it, for inspection, to avoid rendering time used on the whole image?

Any input would be welcome.

Or, can it be used to only render a portion of it, for inspection, to avoid rendering time used on the whole image?

Probably not the answer that you want, but this is exactly what it does - I opted to include it for anyone having issues with dirty shadows that radiosity can produce.

Would you have any objections to me posting your render on my site under the sample renders section?

not at all... go ahead mate ;-)

here's the first render I did with your lighting setup unchanged BTW (a part the Rmin tweak)

Attachments

• mirlino_davestudio.jpg
    mirlino_davestudio.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 950
Here's my workplace logo. I was just playing around with it to test something other than the stock objects. I need to fix the web site copy because it's too thick. I'll probably also give it a slight curve when I have time. The logo needs to be centered as well, but I thought I'd post mine. Thanks for the set-up!

Cheers

Attachments

• APCO Logo.jpg
    APCO Logo.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 938
Back