problem with too dark shadows

problem with too dark shadows

i'm cheetah 3d novice

i have to do one render and i can't solve problem with too dark shadows and i have problem with too bright light reflection on background photo.

can someone help me out.

my render looks like this

Attachments

• proba.jpg
    proba.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Hi.
Have a look into your light source properties and adjust the shadow color to a dark grey instead the default black.

With kindest regards
Frank

Howdy,
Well a couple of suggests: you could change the colour of your shadows to a light grey, use a area light with about 8 samples instead, us AO and a HDRI light, Reduce the reflectivity of the material, reduce the materials ambient and diffuse values.
Just a couple of ideas.

Andrew

Hi.
Have a look into your light source properties and adjust the shadow color to a dark grey instead the default black.

With kindest regards
Frank

tnx for suggestion. i did that but without result. it helped me to put some light between wall and grey panel.

i'm using distant light. others do not serve me well.

what does that stands for:redface:

Don't blush fella, it's not a problem. AO is ambient occlusion and it works great for exterior scenes in combination with a HDRI. With this render method you can turn off the camera light and just have a small point light to catch the highlights.

i have a colour change that is very unpleasing:
first one is what i get and the second is how purple should be.

what to do?:confused:

Attachments

• ttj.jpg
    ttj.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 281
i have a colour change that is very unpleasing:
first one is what i get and the second is how purple should be.

what to do?:confused:

Ouch, that looks like the colour has been inverted, can we see a screen shot of the material settings?

i thought so but i can't repair it myself

OK, this is off the top of my head because I'm not in front of a mac. Reduce the materials ambient and diffuse to about half. Add a render tag to the object that the material is associated to and uncheck recieve/ visible in radiosity plus uncheck anti-alias texture (I think it's that it should be the last one in the render tag check boxes).

Ahhh, you have your emmisive set to white, wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong put it back to black.

Last edited:
Is there an alpha channel in the image?

What have I just asked that for, it's a jpeg? It must be home time now!

Last edited:
i first used tiff with alpha but it was even worse.

this is jpeg. i checked alpha in transparency field

Ok I'm stuck. At this point I'd redraw the logo in illustrator (or autotrace) import it into C3D as a pdf, polyplane it, add a render tag and remove shadows and insert it into the plaque but thats just me. I'm sure there's a simple reason but it escapes me at the moment. Sorry.

Hi.
A jpeg don´t contain any alpha.
Load the jpeg in the transparency channel instead. Set diffuse and ambient to "0". Set the Transparency to 1, leave "use alpha channel unchecked.
Cheers
Frank

but i have to have transparency!

it is brushed aluminum panel with one plexi (like plastic thick glass, i do not know english word for it) on top of it. so, i have to have transparency.

Back