Lighting Keeps Turning Off?

Lighting Keeps Turning Off?

Hi there again i'm putting in street lights using the lighting tool and set to area, but once i put a certain few in and try to add more the ones i previously put in seem to switch themselves off, there there but don't seem to produce any light. Lol dunno if that made sense but trying to produce a street at night is difficult when the lights play up.

Thanx
The13King

Hi,
how many area light do you have in your scene and how many samples do you use per area light.

Do you mean the lights aren't working in the OpenGL preview or in the renderer.

Bye,
Martin

P.S. I moved your threads in the "General" forum since the "Tutorial" forum is just for finished tutorials and not for general questions.

Well I've got about 15 or so houses and a few lamps etc so i'd say so far i've put in about 12 lights but i need to put in much more but when i try adding more the ones I previousley put in turn themselves off so when i render its just a very very dark street.

Martin.
With 511 pieces I´m pretty close to 512 area lights, if this makes sense.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• 511Lights.jpg
    511Lights.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 269
It still dosn't really answr my question they are lights that i have set to area so they have a square box showing where the light'll be but theres no light and I am needing to finish this project for college but I can't if i can't get the lights working.

Thanx
The 13 King

Well - that info was adressed to Martin.

To your project. You can send the file an I will look into it, or just the lights or what ever - if you like.

Cheers
Frank

Hi,
how many samples do you use in the area light? The problem is that Cheetah3d is limited to 512 light samples per pixel. If you have 15 area lights with 100 samples each you are beyond that limit. That's why I asked for the number of samples you used. Reducing the number of samples in the area light will probably help you.

In the OpenGL preview only the first 8 lights are visible.

Bye,
Martin

Hi again on each ligt the sample is set to 1.

P.S Thanx for helping me out, its a college project and it only looks decent with a night time effect on.

Thanx
The13King

Hi,
please mail me the scene ( martin at cheetah3d dot de ) and I will have a look into it. Normally that should work without any problems.

Bye,
Martin

Hi,
thanks for the file. But everything worked fine on my Mac. All lights very working when I rendered the scene. In the OpenGL preview only the first 8 lights are visible of course. But in the raytracer they worked as expected.

Bye,
Martin

well ok thanks you for taking a look:) i'll take the file to college and try on the macs there and i'll have another go on my mac.Thanks again:)

Thanx
The13King

Hi,
that should make no difference since the rendere is running on the CPU and therefore returns always the same results.

Did you render the scene with the "Render->Render" menu item or via the "Render scene" icon in the toolbar? I can't imagine that the lights doesn't show up in the rendering.

The OpenGL preview is a different story.

Bye,
Martin

Back