sketchup to cheetah

Thanks again Francois!

I may be a slow learner, but at least I don't learn quickly!

I made the groups in SU and checked them by adding color to each one to see that everything was grouped right.

I can't attach a .zip of the SU file because even zipped it's 5 MB (!), but I am attaching a rendering.

I'm also attaching the settings I use for .fbx exports in SU. Are these correct?

Thanks again!

Fred

Attachments

• Portion render.jpg
    Portion render.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 258
  • fbx export settings.png
    fbx export settings.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 239
I can't attach a .zip of the SU file because even zipped it's 5 MB (!)...
5MB for just the floor and walls ? I can't believe that ! Please use the file I attached in my previous post to practice export/replacing textures as this should be fairly closed to your file. It's likely also advisable to follow a couple of Sketchup tutorials as these are outside the scope of this forum.

Because this is not a "Cheetah 3D" question, I did not open a new threat. My son (9 years) is using Sketchup for a while. Now I have to reinstall sketchup 7 on his PowerMac and I dont have the installer any more. On the google-site there is now version 8. But this version does not work with a PowerPC, it asks for an Intel-Mac. I searched the web for an older free version (not the pro version), but without result. Does anyone knows a working link for the free Sketchup 7 Mac version?

- Novus

Hi,

Try this one .
The Pro 7 version will revert to a free version after 8 Hrs as far as I recall.
I believe I have a link to it somewhere but need to dig it. But it may be not valid anymore.
HTH

Back