Fresnel and reflections

Hi Trevor.
Well done.
But what do YOU think, Trevor? Worth every second?
I am really satisfied beeing not that far away with my upgraded G3. (So Mr. Jobs has still to wait for my next order otherwise........ no can´t tell you.......)

So peer, it´s up to you.

frank[/b]

Frank, thanx for sending me the file. But somehow I seemed to lost it. So I took your bottle tutorial file and I'm going to render that one with your glass settings (and one with my own settings). I'll post them (including renderingtimes) when there done.

Regards,
Peer

Frank... it is definitely worth every second... the glass comes exceptional good... just waiting now for Martin's next beta :wink: with the object colour in the shadows to make it near perfect...

thanx again...

cheers
Trevor

Here's the file Frank sent me. This rendering took 1155 seconds -> about 19 minutes to complete. It was rendered on a dual 2.5 GHz G5 with 1.5 GB of memory! Thanks everybody for helping so far! Can't wait to try out the new material Martin made. When it comes out I'll render the same scene with the new material and see what difference we'll get.

Attachments

• glas_174.jpg
    glas_174.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,447
Hi Peer.
Thanx for testing my settings and the time reports. Wow- this is fast - thats maybe the reason for Martin cutting off the rendering break possibility. (ok, I need a faster machine)

frank

Hi,
Cheetah3D 2.3 beta 1 is out. Please check out the corresponing thread in the forum.

Everybody is welcome to test it. :D

By,
Martin

And here's my first test image with the new material. There now is a reflection on the "building''s glass. GREAT!!

Regards,

Peter

Attachments

• glastest_109.jpg
    glastest_109.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 986
And the scene from Frank. With additional hdri and arealight.

Attachments

• glassnew_201.jpg
    glassnew_201.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 837
Hi,
wow, that is a excellent rendering. Looks like the new material does its job quite well. :D

HDRI's are always great to make glasses and metals becuase they create these nice high dynamic range reflections.

By,
Martin

Back