Script / read out from exported save > export spline to svg?

Hi,

I have an old file that I hoped to export the spline from for a perfect fit (3D printing) > SVG. I know there was no way of doing this but has that changed in the latest versions?

Thanks guys!

Moo.

I wished there is a way. Under certain circumstances the UV-PDF export can work - but it‘s polygon-based and most likely require „postwork“.

Thanks Frank. I figured out a temp way: I took a screenshot from the front view and set the bg to white + the spline to black as Polyplane, and imported that image to Vectorstyler & vectorized it there to B&W (can of course render it for higher res if needed). Seems ok but not 100% (99% which is good enough). Checked first to see if any of the export formats had some way of converting to .svg. Seems there are online sites that can do .obj > .splines but haven't checked. Blender does export creace pencil as .svg so that is perhaps the same as if the feature was there in C3D (direct export of spline > .svg).

Hope the spline export is possible in the future.

Thanks as always!

Moo.

From what you describe It seems possible by using Cheetah3D´s UV tools and frontal projection - save as PDF and do a Bézier Paths Boolean Union operation in the Vector drawing app of your choice to get 1 outlined vector shape.

Wonderful! Saved me a lot of work Frank. Works well. The size ratio is of course not there; then we would need a true .svg export but shapes are the most important for me. Thank you again!

Back