Transparent models?

I wonder if anybody can help? I have created "cybermen" (which I did in SketchUpPro) & imported them in as .3ds files. as you can see from the image, the background, that is attached to the camera, is showing through certain parts of the figures? (high-lighted in orange) as a control I also put in a tube (high-lighted in yellow) which was selected from the Cheetah polygon palette and this is showing the same issue. I'm using a HDRI to create shadows, lighting and reflections. I've attached screenshots to show the setup. Manythanks guys & girls. ScreenShot-1.jpgScreenShot-2.jpgScreenShot-3.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
The only thing comes to mind is some transparency in the material settings. Can you copy and paste an affected part into a new blank file, save and upload here? (Ummpf - I don´t think I have such an old Cheetah3d version any longer). But let's try.

The only thing comes to mind is some transparency in the material settings. Can you copy and paste an affected part into a new blank file, save and upload here? (Ummpf - I don´t think I have such an old Cheetah3d version any longer). But let's try.
Hi there. I'll try and do as you've asked and get it you soon - many thanks.

The site will not allow me to upload Frank?

Thanks for the file.
Don´t have your HDRI - but looks decent here. No transparency:
Things I changed are using Steel instead of Silver and a reduced White point: 0,44 of the Shadowmat.
PartOfRobot.jpg

Nah. Can you disable the material on that section "Mesh03" (click on material->tag off) of the guy in fron and render again do see how it looks with default material? And you can disable/delete the SkyLight - don´t add anything to the scene I believe.

Last edited:
Here´s the altered scene file. I think the metal shader isn´t playing well with the Cheetah renderer. I changed it into a "brushed steel material":
CyberMen2SCENE-4U.jpg

Attachments

• CyberMen2SCENE-4U.jas.zip
    325.2 KB · Views: 145
Hi Frank. So....working from left to right, we have, 1st: Material changed to silver with "Boiler" image still attached to camera. 2nd: Material disabled - back to default, still with "Boiler" image attached to camera. 3rd: material changed to silver, with NO image attached to the camera and the HDRI showing (turned on) through. and finally 4th: with the HDRI attached to the camera! It's odd that when I attach a image to the camera I get this bleed through of the image through certain parts of the material/polygon?

Attachments

• Set.jpg
    Set.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 159
That´s so weird and I can´t remember seen this issue before. I just can guess. Can you check the color mode of the background image please if it´s in RGB or CYMK probably ?

Ok - that sucks. After 2 dozens crashes I come to the conclusion that HDRI+Camera Background image not play well together. Either it´s for a still or animation you´ll need to render background separate from the scene and vice versa and compose it in a video editor. Not the answer I had hoped for. Please consider an update if your macOS can handle it.

Ok - that sucks. After 2 dozens crashes I come to the conclusion that HDRI+Camera Background image not play well together. Either it´s for a still or animation you´ll need to render background separate from the scene and vice versa and compose it in a video editor. Not the answer I had hoped for. Please consider an update if your macOS can handle it.
Yes I think you are right - an update is called for!

Back