Cheetah3D 7.0 - Early Adopters Beta Test

Thanks for the new beta. Looking forward to trying it out. I finally purchased a license to upgrade V6. Cheetah3D continues to be one of my favorite Mac apps and never ceases to amaze me how much it can do! But, it also has one of the best forums that I frequently visit.

I plan on trying the new Crack'n Slice tool that Hiroto created when it is available.

Pain in the but

Sigh, its hard to upgrade to new software especialy when you have to earn money with it, its all so different, I do not like it I'll go back to 6 :confused:. For instance it took me 90 minutes to figure out that there are no more "childern" to import (shit):frown:
I want a refund, I dont have the time to adapt to a complete new enviroment!

Last edited:
Sigh, its hard to upgrade to new software especialy when you have to earn money with it, its all so different, I do not like it I'll go back to 6 :confused:. For instance it took me 90 minutes to figure out that there are no more "childern" to import (shit):frown:

Why don't you read the V7FeatureList.rtf that comes with the beta dmg? It gives a pretty good detail of what is new and what has changed.

-Added new Merge tool
-Supports multi-object selections
-Supports hierarchy merging
-Supports parametric objects
-Suppors folders
-Supports material assignments
-Removed import children tool

Are you talking about "Import children"? Then you miss the new "Merge"-tool which for instance maintains materials assignments now.
You could have asked here and would have had your answer in one minute or so. :rolleyes:

Hi Charly P

* Please provide a short list of the problems you encounter in the use of C3D V7. Your Import Children > Merge command has been solved already by ZooHead and Frank.
* I am sure that forum regulars will help with other commands and tools which have changed from V6 to V7. Needless to say, there is no "completely new environment" :tongue:
* Servus from Vienna.

Thanks for your support but I do not have the time to figure out and ask question all the time, I'll stick to V6 that works for me. It took me a very long time to work with Cheetah after all, In my case I earning a fair amount with 3D but V7 is not for me, Sorry I don not see any advantages of V7. I compare it with Photoshop in the past time (20 years); lots of changes no true advantages

Last edited:
First, Falcon is a big advantage. The renders are really great and imho much more realistic than what cheetah delivers. Falcon hasn't to hide behind most bigger and much more expensive software.

Second, in 20 years photoshop evolved quiet a lot. Not important here, so I don't go into the details, but it's a mighty software (only in 2017 and the last 2015 update did they introduce some bugs with selection) with many possibilities which most of us users don't fully explore.

Any way to move/copy Render settings (for both Cheetah and Falcon) from one file to another? It use to be that I could just copy a camera from one file to another and all the settings would come with it. Now that they are separate, that method doesn't work. It's a little tedious to do it manually when I want to apply the same render settings across a bunch of different files.

I want a refund, I dont have the time to adapt to a complete new enviroment!

Here's a visual guide link you may find more helpful
HTML:
http://loewald.com/c3dbook/What's-new-in-v7/
C3D7 is a very quick study when compared to the other industry 3D apps IMHO.:cool:

Ok, this one is a show stopper for me. When I copy and paste a pose tag from one v7 file to another, the settings don't work. I use this way too much to not be able to use it. Is this a bug?

Hi Charless

That is understandable. We all have different needs.
It is encouraging that you are satisfied with C3D as it stands in V6.
I think that is actually a compliment to how well Martin has developed C3D thus far.
Maybe after future updates &/or up-grades there may be something more for you and
you may have more time to study the new procedures.

I wonder if it would be too much trouble to place a heads up: “Procedural Change” tag next to each tool in the help menu that has had a procedural change?
That way if one is having unexpected problems they can look up the tool to see if such a thing has happened & learn the new procedure to use that tool.

It would be great if there was a more in depth video or gif tut for each tool.
 (like the ones Frank and Helmut and Zoohead make)
That way one wouldn’t have to hunt and peck through multiple threads to find help.

Just some friendly suggestions.

Much continued and increased success to you in your 3D printing Charless
Jeanny

Last edited:
Do you have an example?

Cheers
Frank

I could swear I've done this a bunch in the past, but now I can't get it to work in any version of C3d that I test it on. ??? Even copying the whole camera with pose tag attached from one file to another doesn’t work.

Edit:
Ok, I opened Snow Leopard VM in Parallels and then opened C3d v6 in that OS. I pasted a camera with a pose tag attached from one file to another and it works there. So it seems to be an El Capitan and up problem.

Last edited:
I could swear I've done this a bunch in the past, but now I can't get it to work in any version of C3d that I test it on. ??? Even copying the whole camera with pose tag attached from one file to another doesn’t work.

Edit:
Ok, I opened Snow Leopard VM in Parallels and then opened C3d v6 in that OS. I pasted a camera with a pose tag attached from one file to another and it works there. So it seems to be an El Capitan and up problem.
Could be. In Yosemite copy&pasting camera with pose-tag works with v6.3.2 and v7.

Cheers
Frank

@Swizl: El Capitan here 10.11.6 copy paste camera and Pose no problems.C3D V7 b20

Ok thanks for letting me know. I've restarted my machine and that didn't help. I'm on a Late 2015 5k iMac. So I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I'll have to test it on my 2011 iMac at home that also has El Cap on it.

Anyone else on a Late 2015 5k iMac that can test this?

Edit:
No idea why, but it now seems to be working correctly.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for letting me know. I've restarted my machine and that didn't help. I'm on a Late 2015 5k iMac. So I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I'll have to test it on my 2011 iMac at home that also has El Cap on it.

Anyone else on a Late 2015 5k iMac that can test this?

Edit:
No idea why, but it now seems to be working correctly.

Glad you got it working Ghost in the machine???

Thanks! Yeah, pretty weird. I didn't do anything different after restarting the machine. Shouldn't have fed those Mogwai's after midnight.

I don't think it's so weird. Way way way way back in my childhood days there used to be elves
that would come at night while people where sleeping and fix things for them.

Salut
Jeanny

Attachments

• elf.png
    elf.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 411
Back