Save and Reload Renders

Save and Reload Renders

I know how to open renders in the finder.
My question is.
Is there a way to delete the renders from a Cheetah 3D project .jas(A)
Then work on another .jas project.(B)
Then later reload the previous renders back to the first .jas project?(A)
Thanks.

That sounds somehow weird; I mean when you delete something it´s hopefully gone. And you want to bring it back again? Recovered/restored from the trash? Why?
I guess you can pull it out of the Render-History (the whole folder named like: 2016-03-24 17/33/55) and store it where ever you like and drag it back later on. To make Cheetah3d´s render manager take notice you have to quit/restart Cheetah3d.

Cheers
Frank

That sounds somehow weird; I mean when you delete something it´s hopefully gone. And you want to bring it back again? Recovered/restored from the trash? Why?
I guess you can pull it out of the Render-History (the whole folder named like: 2016-03-24 17/33/55) and store it where ever you like and drag it back later on. To make Cheetah3d´s render manager take notice you have to quit/restart Cheetah3d.

Cheers
Frank

I have a whole lot of renders in one project and do not want them all there for the next project but when I open that project again later I want to clear out the newer renders and restore the renders for the old project.
That's my motive Inspector.

And you want Cheetah3d´s render manager as a viewer? I don´t think that is possible then.
Why not storing the whole project (jas and renders) in a folder and use preview.app instead?

Cheers
Frank

* I may misunderstand the problem but the following is possible:
* You work on project A and generate a stack of renders.
* You commence the new project B and want to “get rid” of all the renders in the stack of the render manager (RM) as they are temporarily irrelevant. All you want to see in the window of the RM are the current renders for project B.
* You can not delete the renders in the manager itself, as the stuff in the render history would be deleted and you ´want to have the option to return to project A (including “resurrecting” the renders pertaining to project A).
* Solution:
1 Go to the C3D folder and create an MT folder, labelled Render Archive project A (RAPA).
2 Go to the folder Render History (RH) in the C3D folder, select all the subfolders containing renders of project A and move them into the new folder, RAPA.
3 in the RM, delete all the stuff for the project A. You should now have a totally empty RM stack.

4 Work with project B and generate the required set of B-renders.

* If you need to return to project A:
1 Repeat steps 1..3 for the accumulated stuff of project B.
4 You now have a second folder, Render Archive project B (RAPB).
5 Move all the saved stuff from RAPA back into the folder RH.
6 Restart C3D to force an update of the RM stack.
7 The RM now shows all the old renders from project A (and none of the renders from project B).

PS: I checked that 3 or 4 times and it seems to work faultlessly, but you better test that procedure yourself carefully :tongue:

Servus from Vienna

Isn´t this the same I described by
pull it out of the Render-History (the whole folder named like: 2016-03-24 17/33/55) and store it where ever you like and drag it back later on. To make Cheetah3d´s render manager take notice you have to quit/restart Cheetah3d.
already without so many words - no?

Cheers
Frank

I have an unpublished version of C3D Buddy that lets you narrow down your render history by file/path name (which, assuming you're using any kind of sane naming convention or organization, would let you do that kind of thing very easily on-the-fly).

If you're interested, I can polish it a bit and put it up on my site. (The current version doesn't have this feature.)

Thanks guys that's the answer. Move then replace.
@Frank "That's my motive Inspector." meant as a joke responding to your question:"Recovered/restored from the trash? Why?" as if you were a police inspector questioning my motive. Lame joke.
Thanks again and thanks Helmut. and

@ Pod I have 3D buddy but I would like the new feature. Thanks let me know where I can get that.

Ha Ha! Good complimentary joke uncle808us.
I think most of us have benefited from Frank's extensive analytical mind.
He sure has Solved many of our Problems.

Maybe we should call him Sherlock and his avatar should be something on
the line of that well know inspector.

My Best Jeanny

Attachments

• 500_F_76049211_S29JSIFgaDyDN1fZtmZBKAkoWuwXGK3Y.jpg
    500_F_76049211_S29JSIFgaDyDN1fZtmZBKAkoWuwXGK3Y.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Easter Egg Hunt

:lol: Thanks for the laughs.
Considering today is Easter I couldn't resist adding to your clever art work.
Happy Easter everyone.

My Best
Jeanny

Attachments

• Sherlock Mod.jpg
    Sherlock Mod.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 212
I have an unpublished version of C3D Buddy that lets you narrow down your render history by file/path name (which, assuming you're using any kind of sane naming convention or organization, would let you do that kind of thing very easily on-the-fly).

If you're interested, I can polish it a bit and put it up on my site. (The current version doesn't have this feature.)

Thanks again Pod!

Attachments

• Pod.jpg
    Pod.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 188
C3D V6: show in finder does exist in the render manager.
C3D V7: idem plus augmented by show scene, which opens an associated .jas if it has been saved.

Yes but in v7 "Show Scene" forces you to open up the .JAS file to get to it whereas Pod's application allows a reference to the file in the event you just want to quickly remember where it was saved. To me that's more useful and operates more like the "Show in Finder" function.

Back