Cloth Modelling tutorial

Cloth Modelling tutorial

header.jpg

Yep, the semi-mythical beast that is my cloth modelling tutorial is finally ready! :wink:

Sorry for the delay, but I had quite a few unexpected problems, which I won't bore you all with here.

Anyway, I hope it's in some way useful.

Cheers

Square

P.S If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

PLEASE READ ME BEFORE CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW!
I originally designed this tutorial as one webpage with linked videos. However, due to the way that Sharecg.com handles files and videos, I have had to spilt it into 5 parts. The links below will take you to a page that only displays the video parts of the tutorial, in Flash video format. To download the full tutorial, including the written parts, support files, and the original higher quality .mp4 videos, click on the .zip download just under the Flash videos. Basically, just ignore the flash videos and download the five zips! Thank you.

Polygon Modelling Cloth: Part 1
Polygon Modelling Cloth: Part 2
Polygon Modelling Cloth: Part 3
Polygon Modelling Cloth: Part 4
Polygon Modelling Cloth: Part 5

Last edited:
Reactions: DEO
Hi,
wow very well done.:icon_thumbup: The dress looks so real, like a cloth simulation.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

Cloth Modelling

Thank you for posting this. It is a great help for a beginner like me to see what is possible and how you handle it. Downloading all five tutorials now.:smile:
Richard

Thanks Richard, Frank.

Yes, sometimes I use area selection, when I remember! :smile: Although I also find it a bit hit and miss - I end up selecting more or less than I intended, because it is a rectangular selection. I'd probably use it more if it were a lasso.

Improvement in the workflow

I hope that everybody here knows Hexagon from DAz, a buggy application for 3d. But in this buggy software full of bug, there's a really good idea, about a floating palette with your tools for extrusion or for modeling, it will be more praticle to have something like this, or a menu, than to go to the menu palette on the top of the screen.

Nicolas
:smile: nice tut

Thanks Nicolas. :smile:

I use the menus in the videos because people watching them may not be familiar with the keyboard short cuts, and as there is no sound, it could be a bit confusing. The menu you mostly see me use is the right click context sensitive one, so you don't have to go to the top of the screen. I do agree that custom button layouts would be nice, but I think Martin was steering away from that because it could be confusing for new users.

Great to know!

I really insist that the custom tools windows is one of the most quickest way to modelized!

Br

Nicolas
:icon_thumbup:

Cheetah could probably use a "buttons" view where the user could create buttons for any functions they please. It's already possible to make keyboard shortcuts for most operations.

There was a nice feature in Alias Wavefront, I can't remember the name but basically it was a custom pallet that you could put all your frequent used tools in.

P.S. Cool tutorials SIR. :)

Silo and Modo also have that feature. Although if you can remember them, I still think keyboard short cuts are quicker!

P.S Thanks :smile:

Hi

I had a quick look at the first of these tutorials and there doesn't seem to be any sound. Is this intended? Or is it my PC?

Ta

JT

Yeah, but I have to concentrate really, really hard on what he's doing!

Apart from that it looks really good!:icon_thumbup:

Ta

JT

no download links

original post says "click on the .zip download just under the Flash videos"

but there is no .zip download under the flash video.

I realize that this thread is old and that things might have changed on sharecg.com, but is there any way to grab these tutorial files?

(tried various browsers, mac os)

Back