Cheetah3D User Forum  

Old
  (#21)
DarthSidious05 (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Cool 25.02.2012, 18:28

Yeah, I learn first by trying to do something, stumbling, then going to the forum for any tips. If I don't find an answer for the moment, I go back and by process of elimination, dissect the problem one step at a time, trying to figure out if it's a bug in the program, or if there's a new setting or skill I need to figure out. Very time consuming, but most of the time I find some kind of solution or work around as most here probably do as well.

Pod Person, that book looks overhwhelmingly giant in its content. Do you imagine there's a chance it'll be ready in 2012 or 2013? It's great to see you're setting time aside to work on a user guide book.

Although I have a handle on Cheetah 3D for what I use it for, it would be nice to have a giant reference book offline to polish up or improve my skills, and find functions that I may have overlooked.

Last edited by DarthSidious05 : 25.02.2012 at 18:30.

Old
  (#22)
podperson (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 25.02.2012, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSidious05 View Post
Yeah, I learn first by trying to do something, stumbling, then going to the forum for any tips. If I don't find an answer for the moment, I go back and by process of elimination, dissect the problem one step at a time, trying to figure out if it's a bug in the program, or if there's a new setting or skill I need to figure out. Very time consuming, but most of the time I find some kind of solution or work around as most here probably do as well.

Pod Person, that book looks overhwhelmingly giant in its content. Do you imagine there's a chance it'll be ready in 2012 or 2013? It's great to see you're setting time aside to work on a user guide book.

Although I have a handle on Cheetah 3D for what I use it for, it would be nice to have a giant reference book offline to polish up or improve my skills, and find functions that I may have overlooked.

It's not going to be a giant reference book and yes I plan to release it simultaneously with v6, which Martin says will come out this year (I'm guessing it will be a bit late software is always late).

Learn 3D with Cheetah 3D 6 | Master List of C3D Tutorials | Master List of Scripts (please post omissions to the threads) | Decorated Pig | Blog
MacBook Pro 2.8GHz (4 core) 16GB RAM | Mac Pro 3.2GHz (4 core) 24GB RAM nVidia 1070 | Cheetah 3d 7.x | OS X 10.12.x

Old
  (#23)
DarthSidious05 (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 27.02.2012, 01:52

Sounds interesting.

Old
  (#24)
Ibo (Offline)
Neuer Benutzer

Default Book - 01.03.2012, 12:15

When and where can I buy this book ?

Old
  (#25)
Ade (Offline)
Neuer Benutzer

Default 01.03.2012, 13:11

Will this be a physical book, or as a PDF/ ebook format? Sounds promising either way.

I'd like to see some real basics on good topology. Plus for animation, maybe some more general points on the basics of timing, which wouldn't be limited to purely working in C3D.

Old
  (#26)
podperson (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 01.03.2012, 15:02

My plan is to offer it as an iBook, and via kindle and lulu (print on demand). It will be released shortly after Martin releases v6 (unless he surprises me and releases it ahead of schedule ).

The iBook version will incorporate a lot of video. I will try to make the video available via my website as well.

I can definitely have it ready for initial release by the last week of March.

Note: the core text — explaining the basics of 3d and cheetah 3d is complete. But some of the more advanced or abstruse topics aren't written. Furthermore I expect there are many errors and omissions. My plan is to release what I've got and then fix issues as they arise. As such, I will not offer a printed option until I am pretty confident the content is in excellent shape. I don't want anyone paying for an expensive book and then announce ten pages of errata a month later.

Learn 3D with Cheetah 3D 6 | Master List of C3D Tutorials | Master List of Scripts (please post omissions to the threads) | Decorated Pig | Blog
MacBook Pro 2.8GHz (4 core) 16GB RAM | Mac Pro 3.2GHz (4 core) 24GB RAM nVidia 1070 | Cheetah 3d 7.x | OS X 10.12.x

Old
  (#27)
DarthSidious05 (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Pfeil 01.03.2012, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by podperson View Post
My plan is to offer it as an iBook, and via kindle and lulu (print on demand). It will be released shortly after Martin releases v6 (unless he surprises me and releases it ahead of schedule ).

The iBook version will incorporate a lot of video. I will try to make the video available via my website as well.

I can definitely have it ready for initial release by the last week of March.

As such, I will not offer a printed option until I am pretty confident the content is in excellent shape. I don't want anyone paying for an expensive book and then announce ten pages of errata a month later.

Pod Person,

Late March sounds good.

You mention ibook, kindle and lulu. If someone doesn't have access to or want those tools to read, will you also hopefully offer it in pdf format or something accessible for everyone as suggested above?
I would like to have it in Acrobat format or something simple, so I could easily access it on the same computer while working in Cheetah 3D at the same time. Thanks.

Old
  (#28)
podperson (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 01.03.2012, 22:34

Kindle software is available for free for any platform you can think of (including your Mac). For reading books it's actually better than PDF (e.g. Nice bookmark support, sync across devices, etc.)

Old
  (#29)
Encrypt (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 29.03.2012, 00:43

I didnt know that. I was a bit worried it wouldnt be in a format I could read, as I dont have a kindle or ipad.

Old
  (#30)
BillG (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 04.04.2012, 19:08

Tonio, I'm anxious to buy this book. Let us know when it is ready to go.