Hourly prices for 3D work

Hourly prices for 3D work

Hi Just wundering; what do you or would you charge a client for 3D modeling? (hourly prices) I know there are lots of variables, but an indication would do.

"How long is a piece of string...?"

There really ARE a lot of factors - way-too-many to just give an informed answer. I have spent many many years as a freelance designer and my rates would vary immensely depending on so many things.

I have billed anywhere from as low as $45/hr up to $175/hr... and this was in the late '90s through early 2000s... it really depends on the type of work, how "niche" is the work type (do not-many people know how to do it?), distance/travel, their budget, timelines, expectations, desired "quality-level" of final output... I mean, I could go on and on with the variables.

You need to decide for YOU what your time is worth at a minimum... and increase rate accordingly to suit your skill level. Not sure what else to tell you.

Thx for your responce, At the moment I charge between €70,- and €120,-
I think that is not to bad, working at home-office with verry little overhead, no expensive corporate car ;)

Usually, I price mine by the project, and shoot for about $100/hour. I take the risk, and if I can get it done faster, I do better, and if I need some learning curve time, I don't have to feel bad about it. I usually give them a ballpark price and try to stick to it, but do adjust it for some reasons.

That said, it is good to have some sort of agreement about re-work. Lately, even good customers have been less complete with their descriptions, which causes re-work. Last night, an order came in that was a hurry-up thing. I asked a clarifying question, which was not answered, so I made an assumption and proceeded on. When he got the proof this morning, he requested a correction to the exact thing I asked about. It is a tough thing running up the price on someone who has been a customer for so many years.

Bill in MN

Back