Cheetah3D 7.2 Beta 4

Cheetah3D 7.2 Beta 4

Hi,
Cheetah3D 7.2 Beta 4 fixes some quite ugly problems reported in beta 3. I hope that the UTI support finally works properly.:redface:

Thank you very much for the bug reports and the feedback. :smile:

New features in Cheetah3D 7.2:
Code:
-upgraded form QTKit framework to AVFoundation framework
    -supports modern video codecs
      -JPEG
      -H264
      -HEVC (just on High Sierra)
      -ProRes422
      -ProRes4444
    -better image quality
    -multithreaded export
    -much faster
    -hardware accelaration if appropriate hardware is available
-added .gif exporter to Render Manager
-added support for the iMac Pro with up to 18 CPU cores (and 36 threads )
-added support for IES light profiles
-added support for filmic tone mapping to Falcon renderer
-added "Triangulate" property to Boolean creator object
-added "Triangulate" property to Boolean modifier object
-added support for SVG <circle> tag
-added bevel property to box object
-added bevel property to box object
-added bevel property to cylinder object
-added partial cylinder support to cylinder object
-added support for soft shadows to non-physical light sources in Falcon (doesn't use MIS yet)
    -point light
    -spot light
    -distant light
     -sky light sun
-added more steps to the quality slider in the JPEG export options
-JAS files are now exported with a proper UTI
-improved UI of external file link in properties editor
-removed old Cheetah3D 3.2 light sources (.jas loader converts them to Light objects)
-fixed bug in .obj loader
-fixed bug in .obj exporter (caused by objects with identical names)
-fixed bug in smart folder (could forget file path)
-fixed bug in torus object (could create zero area polygons when N1=0 or N2=0)
-fixed bug in movie save panel
-fixed bug with SVG <polygon> tags
-fixed undo bug when using steppers
-fixed crashing bug when rendering animations
-dropped support for Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7

New in v7.2 Beta 4
Code:
-fixed movie export problem (upscales movie to a width which is divisible by 16)
-fixed crashing bug when rendering animations
-fixed some UTI related problems

Attention:
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE SO DON'T USE IT ON IMPORTANT DATA.

Download link of Cheetah3D 7.2b4:
http://www.cheetah3d.com/download/Beta/Cheetah3D7.2b4.dmg

I hope you like the new features in Cheetah3D 7.2.:smile:

Kind regards
Martin

Fantastic Bevel Box and Cylinder!! MIND BLOWN! That is great Martin Cheetah keeps getting better and better! Thank you so much.:icon_thumbup: I praise your mind. So creative.:icon_thumbup: :cool:

THANK YOU MARTIN!!! This update is great. Rounded Box & Cylinder looks amazing - Partial cylinder is another time saver. The addition to use IES lighting profiles is just so incredible. I have read about these in use, but have never had a chance to experiment, until now. This adds so much realism to the lights, I can hardly wait to experiment further. I am loving the "softness" feature on the Skylight and Distant Light- so great. Thank you for the status bar on the MOV export - so helpful on longer animations (it used to look like the beachball of death, but was simply "processing." The new Status bar tells me where Cheetah is at on the export - thx. The GIF exporter looks to be an amazing time saver for that specific need (I am happy with my first tests) and it exported lightning fast. All-in-all . . . this update is WOW!!!

Thank you again Martin for making an amazingly useful piece of software - it is a cornerstone of sizable bag of tricks - danke.

THANK YOU MARTIN!!! This update is great. Rounded Box & Cylinder looks amazing - Partial cylinder is another time saver. The addition to use IES lighting profiles is just so incredible. I have read about these in use, but have never had a chance to experiment, until now. This adds so much realism to the lights, I can hardly wait to experiment further. I am loving the "softness" feature on the Skylight and Distant Light- so great. Thank you for the status bar on the MOV export - so helpful on longer animations (it used to look like the beachball of death, but was simply "processing." The new Status bar tells me where Cheetah is at on the export - thx. The GIF exporter looks to be an amazing time saver for that specific need (I am happy with my first tests) and it exported lightning fast. All-in-all . . . this update is WOW!!!

Thank you again Martin for making an amazingly useful piece of software - it is a cornerstone of sizable bag of tricks - danke.

Your welcome. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks so much Martin. I downloaded it as soon as your email came through. I rendered out a short animation and it felt a lot faster.

:smile: Thanks Martin for sharing the accomplishments of your brain power.
It is greatly appreciated.

My Best
Jeanny

I updated from Snow Leopard to Mavericks just to use Cheetah 7.2. The sacrifices we have to make.................

Thanks again for the new goodies :smile:

Soft shadows, IES lights and filmic tone mapping allow much more realistic exterior and interior lighting.

Apple ProRes and GIF exporter save a lot of post work in other convertors.

Also the additional features of the primitives are very welcome.

I have not yet a High Sierra disc so I couldn't test the new HEVC codec.

crash report

Not sure if this is the right place but Cheetah3D 7.2 keeps crashing when trying to render this animation. Still renders are ok, but the animation quits repeatedly after 54, 98 or 125 frames.
Crash report included.

Attachments

• oloid.zip
    170.2 KB · Views: 313
Not sure if this is the right place but Cheetah3D 7.2 keeps crashing when trying to render this animation. Still renders are ok, but the animation quits repeatedly after 54, 98 or 125 frames.
Crash report included.

I've fixed that bug and it will work properly in v7.3. Thanks for reporting.

Posting a bug report in an older beta version thread is probably not the best place since it can be easily overseen. For obvious bugs like crashes it's best to send the bug report directly to me via email.

Bye
Martin

Thanks Martin for the fix :smile:
Sorry for posting in the wrong place.
Having now three different versions of C3D on my HD is quite confusing sometimes :redface:

Back