Little offset - UV map

Little offset - UV map

Hello !

I have a little problem with UV mapping.
When I export my UV map to PDF the file is bigger than 2048*2048, for exemple it's 2122*2106 for the one on my plane.
Once im done with my photoshop and I import it back in Cheetah, there is a little offset on the texture.
You can see it on the windscreen of the plane below :

The blue is supposed to be surrounded by the black lines, and those lines encased in the white cockpit.
Well, that's what I painted in Photoshop, but when I apply it on the plane, it's not showing right :confused:

Did I do something wrong ? :frown:

( im sure it has to do with the file size )

Hi,
I found the source of the problem. Photoshop seems to ignore the document size of the PDF and computes the document size based on the content of the document. That's actually pretty strange.

I've updated the UV->PDF tool so that the generated PDF bypasses that behaviour. At least it works for my Photoshop CS6.:smile:

The improved UV->PDF tool will be in v7.2b3.

Bye
Martin

Hi,
Photoshop seems to ignore the document size of the PDF and computes the document size based on the content of the document. That's actually pretty strange.

Bye
Martin

Photoshop has options upon importing a pdf that can likely also solve that issue.
I find the option 'Crop To: Media Box' generally gives me what I'm looking for.

Hope thats of some use for OP.

--shift studio.

Attachments

• UVimport2PS.jpg
    UVimport2PS.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
That´s what it solved more than 4 years ago and what I linked to already. ;)

Your are right. Using the crop to media box works perfectly. I should go earlier to bed.:redface:

In v7.2b3 I'm drawing a frame around the whole UV domain. So that even without the crop to media box the import will work flawlessly.

Bye
Martin

In v7.2b3 I'm drawing a frame around the whole UV domain. So that even without the crop to media box the import will work flawlessly.
Thanks for the addition. :icon_thumbup:
This will be especially helpful when loading into vector.apps what I prefer over raster image editors.

Cheers
Frank

Back