Ruler tool to precision level

Ruler tool to precision level

I'd like the ruler tool to have numbers accurate to 1/10000, or 4 decimal places.
Why? .... I'm crazy that way:)
At the very least, the angle measurement needs to be 2 or 3 decimal places.

Maybe it could be configureable in the tool's properties panel.

While I'm talking about the ruler tool. There are many times I want to measure something between points in two different polygon objects, or get coordinates of points in different polygon objects. Is there any possibitiy of adding this functionality?

Thanks,
--shift studio.

Last edited:
While I'm talking about the ruler tool. There are many times I want to measure something between points in two different polygon objects, or get coordinates of points in different polygon objects. Is there any possibitiy of adding this functionality?
This is already there when you switch to the second mesh in object browser:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• RukerToolBetween2Objects.png
    RukerToolBetween2Objects.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 395
This is already there when you switch to the second mesh in object browser:

Cheers
Frank

Thats cool, and I will use it - thanks for filling me in!

It would be nice to be able hover over different meshes and get coordinates of various points without switching in the object browser - but I can understand why it is how it is.

--shift studio.

At the very least, the angle measurement needs to be 2 or 3 decimal places.

Lets say three decimal places are needed. Sometimes I am straightening out a mesh so that a certain edge is perfectly horizontal or vertical. I measure the angle and then rotate by that angle. 1 decimal place just doesn't cut it. I need 3 decimal places.

Thanks for considering.
--Shift Studio.

Will be in v7.1.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-17 um 20.02.32.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-17 um 20.02.32.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 358
Back