Alternate Icon Contest!

Alternate Icon Contest!

Ever had an Idea fro the C3D icon? post it here! You never know, your idea could become the face of C3D one day!

Heres My First One:
Alternate C3D Logo1.png

PS. I am not saying the current C3D icon is bad, I just want to see if the community has any ideas.

I'll stick with my minor riff on what I believe is Frank's icon design — stylized cheetah but with a more polygonal look.

Attachments

• c3d5_icon_proposal.png
    c3d5_icon_proposal.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 906
I'll stick with my minor riff on what I believe is Frank's icon design — stylized cheetah but with a more polygonal look.

And then things when quite quiet…

However if one was giving it a shot then actually using Cheetah3D might be worth a go?

This build is also based 'loosely' round Frank's graphic, with a bit of Tonio's thrown in for good measure, although I think it might be better to base it on an 'real' Cheetah, shall see if I get anything more worthwhile.

Attachments

• Cheetah Side View.jpg
    Cheetah Side View.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 759
  • Cheetah Split.jpg
    Cheetah Split.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 776
  • Cheetah Buildup.jpg
    Cheetah Buildup.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 766
And then things when quite quiet…

However if one was giving it a shot then actually using Cheetah3D might be worth a go?

This build is also based 'loosely' round Frank's graphic, with a bit of Tonio's thrown in for good measure, although I think it might be better to base it on an 'real' Cheetah, shall see if I get anything more worthwhile.

This is great modeling. Nice use of all quads. Your public would like to see a tutorial. The crowd cheers! Yea Tutorial!!:eek:

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 774
This is great modeling. Nice use of all quads. Your public would like to see a tutorial. The crowd cheers! Yea Tutorial!!:eek:

Hi Uncle and thank you, I'm making it up as I go along pretty much, just seeing what works really :)

For the eye section I based it on Tonio's graphic (see earlier in thread), so I used a diamond shape to make a pyramid and pushed the top point (red dot) inwards. Sorry, the jpg can be a bit of an optical challenge until you visually adjust to the top point as being pushed inwards.

For the loops I used a modified version of the 'wireframe' texture with subdivision on 2 or 3.

When I've made enough progress to know a bit more about how to do this sort of thing reasonably successfully I will try to put a tutorial or at least some tips together.

Thanks again, Pat

Attachments

• Eye Piece.jpg
    Eye Piece.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 745
Hi Uncle and thank you, I'm making it up as I go along pretty much, just seeing what works really :)

For the eye section I based it on Tonio's graphic (see earlier in thread), so I used a diamond shape to make a pyramid and pushed the top point (red dot) inwards. Sorry, the jpg can be a bit of an optical challenge until you visually adjust to the top point as being pushed inwards.

For the loops I used a modified version of the 'wireframe' texture with subdivision on 2 or 3.

When I've made enough progress to know a bit more about how to do this sort of thing reasonably successfully I will try to put a tutorial or at least some tips together.

Thanks again, Pat
Thanks You do nice work.

Second Build

Getting into it now, this is the second version, learnt a lot doing this one, V3 is already under way :)

Attachments

• Cats Head V2.jpg
    Cats Head V2.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 640
  • Cat Build.jpg
    Cat Build.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 660
Build 3 is probably about as close as I can get with the references I have here, time to move on to something more adventurous I feel...

Attachments

• Cheetah Mesh A.jpg
    Cheetah Mesh A.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 628
  • Cheetah Mesh B.jpg
    Cheetah Mesh B.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 632
  • Cheetah V3.jpg
    Cheetah V3.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 628
Back