video export glitches massively

video export glitches massively

Simple model of a kitchen layout with animated camera. Shows fine in render manager but exported quicktime is a mess:

https://youtu.be/8l3LPuNoKC0

Tried it using both H264 and MPEG-4 codecs, identical result.
Using a MacBook Pro OS 10.13.6, Quicktime Player 10.4

Anyone else had this problem and/or know how to deal with it? Thanks!

Attachments

• BH kitchen2.jas.zip
    498 KB · Views: 229
I´m not able to recreate this output. I rendered a low-res version and GIF and .mov files look ok:
How did you export to mp4 directly?

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• Kitchen.mov.zip
    683.2 KB · Views: 222
I´m not able to recreate this output. I rendered a low-res version and GIF and .mov files look ok:
How did you export to mp4 directly?

Cheers
Frank

Hmm... must be an issue with my own computer.
To answer your question, I use C3D version 6.1 and it offers mpeg4 codec when saving (exporting) from the Render Manager.

Ok - thought you´re on v7 already.
Just to be sure I rendered same low-res in v6.3.3 plus HDRI and export to mpg4. No issues here. Can you update try v6.3.3?

Cheers
Frank

Just to be sure I rendered same low-res in v6.3.3 plus HDRI and export to mpg4. No issues here. Can you update try v6.3.3?

Cheers
Frank

I'll try it -- if v6.x downloads are still available somewhere? When I use the in-app Upgrade link it takes me to a page where only 7.2.1 is available for download(?)
https://www.cheetah3d.com/download.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 5.43.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 5.43.25 PM.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 244

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank and Martin but I'm still getting the same result with V6.3.4
:confused:

If anyone else experiences the same sort of thing, or has any ideas...

Doug

Last edited:
You can always convert the PNG files to MOV outside of Cheetah 3D using any decent video application (e.g. Motion). If the problem occurs when you encode that way, it's your QuickTime setup.

Similarly you could export as a different codec (e.g. PNG — lossless) and then transcode from the QuickTime Player app.

You can always convert the PNG files to MOV outside of Cheetah 3D using any decent video application (e.g. Motion). If the problem occurs when you encode that way, it's your QuickTime setup.

Similarly you could export as a different codec (e.g. PNG — lossless) and then transcode from the QuickTime Player app.

PNG worked... I thought that was only for single image files. Thanks!

Back